What are people's views on buying 2nd hand carbon handlebars

without X-ray vision, you can never be really sure of any s/h hand item unless there is visible damage, and even then, it could be repaired so as to hide it - I am not just referring to carbon bars.

I have bought a couple of bikes with s/h carbon bars and a couple of s/h bars and all is good - there may be some cosmetic marks due to the clamp but if that is all, then probably you'll be fine.

re: easton carbon bars - how about these chinese carbon riser bars: £ 14.39

light and strong without any branding logos (I have a set and not broken yet).

$_1.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/640-31-8mm-MT ... 302wt_1124

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Two years ago I slid off on the road smashing one end of my carbon bar by about 2-3mm. I've used the bike every week since off road and the bar is fine. It still has a damaged end but so what. People worry too much about carbon, thinking it will self district on the slightest impact. It's incredibly strong.
I've recently bought a second hand Easton Monkeylite bar for £15. Result.
As long as there is no obvious serious damage you'll be fine.

I bought some shop owned display/ test bike bars so I'm guessing they'll not have had a very hard life, I'll put some pictures up when they get here.

Back