Well Lads, sandblast or paint stripper?

Giving an opinion is not trolling.

You are intent on lashing time and money on an old pony that really is not as nice to ride as the options available.

Fair play.

The weight difference is not huge, component base will be higher quality so it will ride better.
I think including the term fascism (that relates to; An authoritarian and nationalistic right wing system of government and social organisation, or a political system headed by a dictator in which government controls business and labour, and opposition is not permitted) is trolling.
Term originated with Mussolini, and his dictatorship preceding(from 1922 on) and leading into and through WWII.
So, I think your opinion is closer to fascism than mine, you know how you want to outlaw any bike below a quality you deem worthy.
The thread was not about what you thought of the quality of the bike at all, if you don't like the thread or subject matter why comment? Other than to troll?

Good arguments. I think you win. They are nice bikes for sure, and Marin is one of those mass makers that brought quality with quantity.

Muirwoods may have been "low end" but with an oversized down tube and Tange Cromo main tubes, after burner seat stays and the reall nice Marin dropouts, a pretty decent frame with some beautiful welding for the most part.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 343
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 343
Bicycle Addict":16i8yj0p said:
Awww man now I am having visions of bare steel clear coated?! There is no help for me . . . . .

There's no help at all, I'm afraid ;)

I'd also ignore the doubters and go with what you love. My first ever mtb was a '91 Marin Palisades in grey zolatone and hi-vis yellow. Absolutely loved it, until some little toe rag stole it in '93.

The bare steel clear lacquered option sounds highly tempting. Repro decals could then be in the original hi-vis colour or whatever you choose. Think trying to recreate the zolatone finish may be tricky.

Re:

Most industrial powdercoaters can give you something very similar to the zolatone grays.

V similar is used on street benches etc.

Back