Well it's a PAce but not as we know it...

dbmtb":3nbpsvqb said:
That's why I'm giving it 3 more years till the bubble bursts.

The problem is that they are so low-maintenance, and so function-specific, that I don't see people wearing them out and having to replace them....

I took a fixed-wheel winter bike with me to Denmark when I moved here in 94. Never saw another one on the streets till 2004. Now they're everywhere as a fashion statement. Which is fine as such. But they WILL go out of fashion at some point which is when it will revert to being a niche thing.

The fashion thing is very true. I've had a few people in the last few months asking my advice about getting one, most of them in London. I wouldn't feel comfortable on a fixie as I haven't ridden a fixed wheel for years and they want to fly straight out into the London traffic on them. Despite most of them not having been on a bike since they were a teenager.

Your right. Not the Pace i remember. I remember cool square tubed frames with Bullseye cranks & Magura brakes. The English Klein :cool: As a mag called them.

Don't know why i never bought one BITD

Because you were attracted by the lure of the space age plastic that was going to take over the world?

I like what they have done, but it is late to market, if the quality is there it might stand out but johns comments on the 853 might point to that not being the case.
If it helps keep them going that is good though, it's not like designing a fixie takes a lot of R&D compared to a full susser so it might be easy money.

The Ken":1jwt0gmi said:
Because you were attracted by the lure of the space age plastic that was going to take over the world?

:shock: How did you guess :oops: :LOL:

Back