Wear a helmet or not?

Re: Re:

Stump28":xn5ahs17 said:
Coming from a mtb background I always wear a helmet and so has carried over to any road cycling I do. Not really sure why anyone wouldn’t. You don’t always have to hit your head that hard to cause fairly serious injury. The idea that it’s really only their to protect from car collisions isn’t really the case. Each to their own of course but I wouldn’t ride with anyone that wasn’t

Even though it sounds strange there's plenty of research out there explaining why you wouldn't.

Also they're not a fat lot of use if you are hit by a car, just some groups push that as a reason why they should be compulsory and it's basically a lie. I think MTB is a bit different as you're much more likely to have a spill so I always wear one off road, saves scrapes and bruises.

Re:

I agree the kind of impact from a car hit might not do a great deal depending on your injuries. Unfortunately for me though someone close to me suffered life changing injuries as a result of not wearing one so I’ll never agree to an argument not to wear them. They’re not going to protect you from any incident but I’ll not be seen without one.

Back