We need a time line

Isaac_AG":jwfbgpgo said:
Shaun the sheep it is, well we all have to have our heroes.
Now you say. I can see the sheep :shock: But i'd put money on it being Smurfs before :LOL:
Shaun is :cool:

How about a time line of significant trends rather than getting too tied up in detail?

If everyone submitted one event or a product that changed things, and the date that (they think) it happened we might have an interesting time line?

bordercollie1":pylartmw said:
How about a time line of significant trends rather than getting too tied up in detail?

If everyone submitted one event or a product that changed things, and the date that (they think) it happened we might have an interesting time line?
that aint gonna work every one will recon they did it first even if it was me all along that started the cool trends lol :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It is a very tough task. I would hate to guess how many hours are in the rough outline on our web site. There is very sketchy info available on most of the smaller brands. Their catalogs are often undated and used for several years. Stuff get advertised that never gets made. Then you get into the calendar year vs. model year debate..........gets messy. If you look at some of our time lines for companies like Shimano or Mavic, they are pretty accurate since we have each years catalog and they usually didn't produce any "vapor ware".

P20":26cwhrvx said:
It would be good if the readers bikes could be linked into sections(Bonty,Fat,Klein,etc) in A-Z list format.
However i think it'll take a lot of work and i don't know anything about web pages so can't offer any help :oops:

This feature already exists for Gallery users - just nobody seems to use it :cry:

For reference if you want to use this make sure you use KEYWORDS with your pictures.

For example if you look on page two of my gallery you will see the album for my Fat Chance has the keywords Fat Chance > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... &g2_page=2

If you then go to Manufacturers Archive > Fat Chance > Album you'll see me Yo along with everything else people have tagged as Fat Chance http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... &g2_page=1

The same idea also works for the Year album. If you add a keyowrd with your bikes year of manufacture it will appear in that year's album.

Wu-Tangled":z74u2ddb said:
I think we need a once and for all definative timeline with pics.

Like a retrobike family tree that definatively shows every year. every model, with a rough groupset description and a pic of all colours available.

So we could see what colour an '88 Bear Valley was (black btw) or whether a '90 Cinder cone came with black or silver rims.

Biiiiiig undertaking, but an idea?

:?:

As Jeff mentions it would be a considerable undertaking. Have had similar thoughts, think a collaborative effort would be most appropriate. Watch this space for the retrobike wiki.....

That is the great thing about the Wikipedia approach, you let the members write it and rewrite it. You start the ball rolling and the rest do the donkeywork.

John":3haplqeh said:
P20":3haplqeh said:
It would be good if the readers bikes could be linked into sections(Bonty,Fat,Klein,etc) in A-Z list format.
However i think it'll take a lot of work and i don't know anything about web pages so can't offer any help :oops:

This feature already exists for Gallery users - just nobody seems to use it :cry:

For reference if you want to use this make sure you use KEYWORDS with your pictures.

For example if you look on page two of my gallery you will see the album for my Fat Chance has the keywords Fat Chance > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... &g2_page=2

If you then go to Manufacturers Archive > Fat Chance > Album you'll see me Yo along with everything else people have tagged as Fat Chance http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... &g2_page=1

The same idea also works for the Year album. If you add a keyowrd with your bikes year of manufacture it will appear in that year's album.

:oops: Ooops forgot about the gallery bit :oops:
That does work as i have looked through there in the past......honest ;)

Back