Watch suggestions

Re:

I’ve not tried a bb58 on yet as worried I’ll buy one. Hence hoping for other suggestions.

The gmt looks lovely but I think it’s too thick for me as I assume it’s the same as the normal black bay?

Is it too similar to a sub? That’s the other issue for me currently but I’m trying to move away from a Rolex as brand name is too recognised and prices have gone crazy

Re:

The GMT, though the same thickness as a BlackBerry doesn't wear as thick because it has a bevel gives the appearance of being thinner.

Not too much like a Sub IMO. My other fave and the one I alternate with is a 42mm PO. Great watch. Love the fact the movement is courtesy of a British inventor /watchmaker. They wear small bc of case design. The most important measurement RE size is Lug to Lug and lug width. I have 40mm watches which wear bigger than 44mm because of L2L.

Re:

I might take a look at the Tudor GMT. Useful for travel and different to my non date sub which I’m wearing most days now. However I’d like to wear less as it’s got sentimental value

Any thoughts ref Pelagos?

Pelagos is not one that floats my boat. To be honest I have a love hate with much of the Tudor range.
The GMT and the 58 are my 2 top pics from them. I quite like the chronos, but have yet to really be convinced. But then I'm not a huge chrono fan, a select few.
I like a date and the 58 other than the Yeager la Coultre Deep Sea tribute is the only non date watch I would have.
The GMT is great, it is big, don't get me wrong, but wearable. My GMTII is more wearable but.....
A 58 GMT would be perfection....even better with a date! The chances of that are like finding a Manatou Fs with no cracks and guaranteed not to crack if ridden!

Re:

How about a Christopher Ward?

Cheaper than the big brands, but some gorgeous watches to drool over

Re: Re:

d8mok":1r91ayl7 said:
I might take a look at the Tudor GMT. Useful for travel and different to my non date sub which I’m wearing most days now. However I’d like to wear less as it’s got sentimental value

Any thoughts ref Pelagos?

The GMT's seem to hold their money quite well and add a 'splash' of colour.

Appreciating in value more tricky, but over the past few years, apart from the Rolex sport models, the Omega 2254, Speedmaster etc have gained in value.

The Pelagos is my favourite from the Tudor range; such a great design, but that's the problem, watches are very much a personal thing as I don't like any others from their range! :LOL:

I've been through 100's of watches and found the best way to to try one is to buy it and try it and if you don't like it or want to try something else, sell and move on! :LOL:

I'm now down to a G-shock, a Broad Arrow PRS4, a Fortis Cosmonaut and a Damasko DA46.

If I were to add something it would be a Speedmaster Pro, but not going to as funds don't allow!

I think from what you're saying, it sounds like you're after either a smarter diver or maybe something like an Omega Aqua Terra (the 2500 movement ones looks nice), Rolex Explorer, BB36???

Cheers

Re:

I’d quite like a explorer or explorer 2 but wanting to stay away from Rolex ideally. I’ve got a no date sub (which I bought as a wedding gift to myself 2years ago) as a perfect everyday watch but Rolex is too recognised when you are away on hols and also at work. That’s unless I could put my hands on a Daytona at rrp then I’d buy that instantly (or even a GMT batman).

That’s why I think Tudor appeals a bit. My old one never get noticed and only watch lovers know the brand. I think I’ve come to conclusion I need a BB58.

Have you considered the North Flag? Possibly my favourite out of the current Tudor range -

o02zOuR.jpg

Back