Wanted Wanted Weinmann 1080 or 1020 brakes

I could only find shallower drop weinmanns in our historic caliper drawer, but somewhere deep underground there should still be the "weinmann bucket", as yet not picked over by hipsters running 700s on vintage brit steel.
I'll keep an eye out.

But how about some short cablepull brake levers? That would probably make more difference🤞

Looks like you've got V- brake levers fitted- they pull more cable, to suit a direct pull brake.
Prior to Vbrakes, caliper or cantilever brakes expected less cable pull.

if you you use a v- brake lever on a caliper brake, you're pulling too much cable so you get a lot of movement and not enough leverage.
The distance from the lever pivot to the cable location is longer with vs. Screenshot_20240414-192908_Firefox.jpg
Occasionally you get levers that can do both, as they have 2 positions to put the cable head.

Youre also losing leverage due to how deep the drop is, so you're going to need lots of pull at the lever.
Id suggest these bl-mt60s. Screenshot_20240414-194759_Firefox.jpg
That's a whole lotta lever!
Giving a load of leverage, like you need!

STILL LOOKING, ideally a pair but definitely a rear. The ride is the end of May and I definitely need to get it built and a few miles test riding before then.
HELP!!!

Back