Wanted - Light frame / fork with rim brake mounts

I like the Giant carbon on Ebay but I think its going to go a bit crazy that one !

I just did a search for that Rocky Mountain Scandium Vertex and looks like it didn't go ? Have PM'd the seller as that may be a nice option

and ....

Hmmm Klein, hadn't thought of that. Send me some pics and details please. :)

Well,

I am in the process of selling my principia msle pro frame - aluminium 19" and 1290 grams... pretty light :D ...

Pics/info here - will sell for 150, frame alone with seat post and headset shims

Interested?

Donnie

i had another look at the kili frame and noticed the chainsuck, which is a writeoff for these frames, metal is too soft and practically corrodes while you watch once the protective layer is scratched off
the mcm might not go as high as you expect, one sold a couple of weeks ago for about 130, they used to be 200 all day long but they are long in the tooth now.
that klien would probably be a good bet, wont see much lighter, and its vaguely retro too

As a general recommendation I would like to throw in the KHS alite team. I had a 2005 model with disc & V option. I picked it up very cheap and to this day it is the lightest frame I have owned at 1350g (ish...if I remember correctly)

But not only that it was one of the most enjoyable frames I have ridden. I sold it due to having it stripped down when my specialized epic became my only modern bike.... big mistake, I am still idly looking to replace it.

Thanks for the heads up on the Kili , it looked too small as well but I guess any damage is made worse on these super light frames as there's not much there to start with ! I had a nice Team Raleigh RSP lined up a while back but the seller managed to gouge one of the chainstays with an angle grinder ( :shock: ) getting the cranks off and so that was a write off in my books. I wouldn't mind another of those - love the yellow / blue paint scheme.
I have looked at those Chinese carbon frames and no doubt they are a bargain but I want something slightly retro. I'm a bit of a traitor to the Retrobike site having replaced a 93 Merlin and 97 Proflex with my 2011 Scalpel and 2009 Cotic so something a little closer to the year 2000 would hopefully restore the balance !
The Giant on Ebay, Klein and RM Scandium could well be in the running. :)

I recently sold a Litech Magnesium frame which was an absolute beauty - lighter than ally with the same instant acceleration, but forgiving like steel. If it wasn't for bloody Kirk and their godawful abominations we'd all be riding mag now...

Anyway <and calm> it was medium sized and around 1200-1300g, retro and generally wonderful (I only sold it into the family so I know I'll be getting it back once we have more space ;) )

Also they sell for an absolute pittance! :shock: Well worth searching one out :cool:

I have a 2003ish S-Works matt black...disc or V brake, but no v brake studs. 18" centre to top with top tube 22.5" actual
1.52KG
£200 Uk Posted

Back