WANTED: Front Shimano 600 AX brake caliper or ...

SuperSid

Old School Hero
...rear Shimano 600 AX brake caliper for sale.

I made a bad decision and bought a pair of Shimano 600AX brake calipers but when I checked a day later I noticed that the seller was selling a pair of REAR brake calipers.
Obviously I'm not going to fit a rear brake to the fork and risk catapaulting the brakes pads and possible myself into oblivion.

My first solution to this problem was to contact the (German) seller, point out the error and possibly get the correct front caliper or a refund.

The second is to look out for 2 odd front Shimano 600 AX calipers on Ebay or similar websites to create 2 pairs, then sell one of them.

The third option is to buy a correct pair and sell each rear caliper seperately.

If you have an odd front brake (in good condition) in your parts bin, please get in contact.

I think I might have a pair (front and rear) available, will need to check. will get back to you...

UPDATE:
I managed to get a refund for that EBAY mistake buy, then bought another pair of 600 AX calipers. The price was reasonable and they are in good condition, however the front caliper came with a rear caliper bolt and no spacers or nuts.
I haven't seen the correct bolt available anywhere on the internet, it should be a 1cm square head, M6 x 55-60 mm bolt.

If I can find the correct bolt I'll have to grind down a standard M6 hex head bolt, I have a few spacers.

What a kerfuffle!

Back