VLS Spring fork dilema (fork seal)

ATBOY

Dirt Disciple
HI, trying to get this fork back to at least usable condition. Elasto’s/MCU/Polyurethane rods were dead. Likewise Dust wipers. Heres the issue:

- Elasto’s, Size 26mm dia= either buy from a manufacturer that makes some in correct diameter and hardness but expensive, or buy cheap hard ones that make the fork presentably and useable. Probably the latter

- Problem, Dust seals. Can’t find anything like the ones that were originally on this fork. Size 26X35X6.5 mm. With the rubber ring on the exterior of the seal, it’s real outer diameter is 26X35.50X6.5. Here’s some pics:
4DFA0AB9-4859-4367-BE53-2A77E7D000B3.jpeg E4514F13-59E4-4E5F-ACAA-01BD678AB7F8.jpeg

Think thickness can be pushed to 7mm (Theres a spacer and snap ring holding this down) Options, get a cheap oil seal 26X35X7 and put some sealant to make up for the spacing for the outer dia? Any ideas? seems to be the same problem for the Mag21 1993 version I’m doing, that had oil and dust seals.Though it looks like the newer kits do away with the dust seal.

HI, trying to get this fork back to at least usable condition. Elasto’s/MCU/Polyurethane rods were dead. Likewise Dust wipers. Heres the issue:

- Elasto’s, Size 26mm dia= either buy from a manufacturer that makes some in correct diameter and hardness but expensive, or buy cheap hard ones that make the fork presentably and useable. Probably the latter

- Problem, Dust seals. Can’t find anything like the ones that were originally on this fork. Size 26X35X6.5 mm. With the rubber ring on the exterior of the seal, it’s real outer diameter is 26X35.50X6.5. Here’s some pics:
View attachment 707142View attachment 707143

Think thickness can be pushed to 7mm (Theres a spacer and snap ring holding this down) Options, get a cheap oil seal 26X35X7 and put some sealant to make up for the spacing for the outer dia? Any ideas? seems to be the same problem for the Mag21 1993 version I’m doing, that had oil and dust seals.Though it looks like the newer kits do away with the dust seal.
Hi, I saw the YT-Video you made with the elastomere version of the VLS Spring fork (1993). Could you please tell me which outer and inner diameter ist suitable for replacing the hardened MCUs (they seem to have a hole)? (Sorry if I missed this information in the video.) Thank You!

Back