Vintage Falcon...anyone help with age / or model?

OK.......so a little later than planned I have noticed what could be a frame number "15" stamped into the drive side dropout. I guess this wouldn't be stamped by campagnolo ? Andy, would you expect the 50 or so Italian built frames to have carried such numbers? Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20170201_213639700-1040x585.jpg
    IMG_20170201_213639700-1040x585.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 829
OK......so it didn't sell as full bike. Perhaps asking too much or the odd mix of componentry. It's now stripped...or will be when I find an extractor to fit those bloody stronglights. Offers welcomed on frame (post headset and bb included).

Hi,. After 5 pages​ I have lost track lol. Have you a ball park figure for the frame?

Thanks

Shaun I

Hi Paul

Very interested given the history :). What size is it seat tube wise from the centre of the bottom bracket to the seat bolt ish area. Where are you as Cumbria is a big place,. I'm in the Carlisle / Penrith area.

Shaun

Hi Shaun
Centre bb to top of seat tube is 21.5". About 21" to centre of top tube. The seatbolt would measure up somewhere in between. I'm just outside Cockermouth. Still need to find an extractor to remove the cranks though.....larger thread than "normal".
Paul

Hi Paul

It must have been the angle of the photos but the head tube looks longer,. I'm six foot so need 23 inch as a minimum. Bit of a shame as it has the sort of provenance that interests me.

Is it a TA crank that needs a 23mm extractor?

Shaun

No problems if frame too small Shaun. I'll maybe put it on the classifieds here properly and/or eBay. Yes inside crank threads measures about 22mm. I'll try local bike shop first. Not sure how common that size is.

Standard cranks are 22mm, TA are 23mm and Stronglight are 23.2mm. is there anything written in the cranks?

Sorry, frame is a bit small for me but should sell well as you know the background and you can quote from Featch.

Cheers

Shaun

Just "Stronglight Depose" and the letter E on back of the RH arm. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20170611_162002688.jpg
    IMG_20170611_162002688.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 721
Back