Victoria Pendleton - On BBC1 tonight :-)

I watched it last night on line: I thought she came across as a very complicated and conflicted person, and I think Steve Peters is the one who keeps her head together. I also think it was very big of the head coach to admit that he really dropped the ball the way he handled her relationship with her fiancé / trainer.

Lastly, I thought her dad came across as a very bitter over competitive dad, who rather than being delighted at his daughters achievements, was resentful of the the fact he never got the chance to do the same thing.

Fascinating programme, and I am so glad I am just... ordinary.

I did start to watch the ITV4 programme, but got bored with it. I might give it a second go on line.

hmm... I see that today's and tomorrow's coverage of le Tour is on ITV4 but is also on ITV1 as well :)
I guess the notion of a British winner, a second place, and maybe a stage win in Paris is enough to motivate ITV to show it in what I would call mainsteam Saturday & Sunday slots.
Very happy about this :D

NeilM":2pw84zw2 said:
I thought her dad came across as a very bitter over competitive dad, who rather than being delighted at his daughters achievements, was resentful of the the fact he never got the chance to do the same thing.

I'm hoping it was cut to make him look like that, aside from that she's rather lovely, fantastic eyes.

Back