Very strange "Michael Schumacher" bike

Here's another Schumacher-labelled bike -- a bit more droolworthy

Halmo_automobilia_15_7230b5ce-598c-4dec-b921-4162bc79f927-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter.jpg

I think Michael Schumacher was a very good figure head for Germany, and I'm allowed to say, I'm German too.
Still I was never a fan of him, but I'm not a formula one fan at all.

Just this bike is really very awful, it looks so awkward at least for me. I also think this was only bought by Michael Schumacher fans or other to me a bit strange guys (sorry, no offense). One in a while one gets on sale, mostly offered for a lot of money, more than technical worth.

Anyway, just wanted to share a bit more background.

The bike was sold very late Nineties and early 2000s:
Staiger Michael Schumacher.jpg
BTW: also sold as Big Boy in "Märklin" shops (yes, in model railways shops, maybe same strange target group ;) )
Märkling 2000 Big Boy wie Schumacher PCI 1.jpg

It wasn't produced by Staiger, but is from Pacific Cycles.
It was also shown in their own museum of PCI, Taiwan, at least a few years ago.
Staiger Michael Schumacher Bike im Pacific PCI Museum Taiwan.jpg

The wheelset are Protos, as most other 3-spokes having no advantage to regular wheels.
Same have been also used for the Mercedes Benz folding MTB, maybe that was from PCI too.
mercedes-plegable.jpg

The fork, - to me one of the key reasons why I think this bike looks awful, is called Space Frame anti dive and also from PCI.

Last edited:
just for the sake of completeness, Michael Schumacher was a real bike guy and loved cycling, even at the race courses.

Here with a Kästle
Kästle Schumacher Ad aus Bike 5 1993.jpg

This one was s Thunderbird Oregon Hybrid bike
f1 belgian-gp-1991-michael-schumacher-jordan.jpg

Back