Very poorly early Clockwork...Updates August 2020

Re: Re:

shedobits":22i5bdj8 said:
I've got a broken titanium frame in the shed which would need a new a head and seat tube if it were ever to be ridden again.

Tell us more.....that must have been some crash. :shock:

Less interesting than that sadly. Too much towing of heavy trailers of firewood did for the seat tube (and it's been repaired once before). Stupid really to use it as a daily driver, but I loved riding it so much. The head tube involved even more stupidity - I had to cut it to get the headset/forks out.

At least I've learned from my mistake. I now have a couple of hack bikes and keep my titanium/posh mountain bikes for their actual jobs.

Re: Very poorly early Clockwork

So the poorly Clockwork has been painted ! :facepalm:

This was my first ever orange paid for by working on a pig farm at 13/14yo 89/90 clockwork, very tatty ! stripped years ago, holes in the stays etc, seemed a shame to bin, so as it’s never gonna be a rider, just a garage queen, I’ve thrown some filler in the holes chopped off the disc tab, and given her a coat of satin black and had some very wrong, “oh so not period correct” prestige style decals made up by gil, which I love and I’ve got the RC30’s and a Deore DX group destined to be hung on her. Nice to see my old friend looking well again, just need stem and bars to match if anybody’s got anything suitable, one piece orange combo would be perfect :cool:

Back