** USE SUB mono-leg fork **

Re:

yeah i think the natural (champagne/gold whatever you want to call it!) version is much more elegant looking than the black. didn't know they were even more difficult to find than the black, that's interesting! the wheel and Tioga rim has only been used once apparently, the second rim is NOS and was only a tenner extra! :D
should build into a nice pair of wheels, just need to find a rear hub that suits the front SUB HUB now! ;)

Re:

Nice score! :cool:

Not sure if they ever did a rear disc hub to match tbh, but if all else fails something like a black Hope Bulb would suit.... British and period correct for the fork/sub hub........

IIRC the hub was made by BETD in Stoke, so one of their Goldtec rears hubs would be a really good match.
Almost as rare as the fork, though.

I have a NOS Champagne coloured SUB fork in the collection..not U.S.E d yet ;) (i'll get my coat).

All the best,

Re:

A. N.O.S. U.S.E. S.U.B.?! :shock:

that's cool :cool: although a bit of a waste wrapped up in a box when it could be proudly displayed on a bike! ;)

get another message from the seller of the black hubbed tioga rimmed wheel, turns out he had ANOTHER spare rim in his garage, so will have one to build into a rear wheel to match, and a spare, just in case, and only another tenner! :D

would be cool if they turn out to be rare rims :cool:

Re:

lol, what is wrong with you lot..... you use them as ornaments?! :roll: :facepalm: ;)

Yup, never been on a bike, but does at least have a front wheel.
Sadly didn't come with the wooden presentation 'Champagne bottle' style box with the sliding lid. :?

It's certainly not just an ornament, though...planning to fit it to something, but not sure what yet...I haven't got much that modern, but I just love linkage forks. :twisted: Maybe the EPX Terrashark?

All the best,

Re:

it's all here, time for some fettling! :D

Tioga rims look nice, but not sure how tough they will be, a bit on the light side for a big lad like me maybe! :LOL:

Re: Re:

velofrog":2v906j0l said:
, but not sure how tough they will be, a bit on the light side for a big lad like me maybe! :LOL:

Off topic i know certain lightweight wheels have rider weight limit yet i dont recall seeing any post about wheels or rims brnding due to this. I suspect manufacturers do this to cover their behinds and for gentle xc its not an issue unless rider is 20 stone or does 6ft drips.

Back