Ummm I wonder

Re:

Ooo think got a seat bolt in the £10 box of bits I picked up the other month that has a likely seatpost...

So just saddle now hopefully.

Re:

It’s mine now...

Gonna guess seatpost is 27.2 as the 16.8 I tried isn’t too loose and don’t think 27 would take up all the slack.

Just need to find a cheap Brooks now :)

Re:

Congrats. 27.2 is pretty standard across the road world, so I think that’s a good guess.
Good luck getting a cheap Brooks though. Even second hand they hold their value really well.

Brooks Cambium even more comfy than the leather ones.
There are however quite a few Brooks leather copies out there nowadays from India and the far east at a fraction of Brooks prices....check out fleabay.

velomaniac":1fg2yedm said:
Brooks Cambium even more comfy than the leather ones.
There are however quite a few Brooks leather copies out there nowadays from India and the far east at a fraction of Brooks prices....check out fleabay.
Your right, I've got a unused Spa Cycles B17 copy in honey here.

Re:

Some of the FB groups can be good to turn up parts.

Canny find my old campag 27.2 either, so guess that got dumped on my behalf at some point... grrrrrrrrr

Hopefully get tyres changed over weekend and will try it out with the titec post off the 531 lady’s frame I got for my mum and saddle off mtb.

Nice looking beast though.

Re:

Components look good, very low use...

Campag centaur front derailleur and front crank/chainrings. Campag Champ tripple rear, 9 speed cassette on 10sp hub, campag chorus levers, Cinelli stem, campag wheels, shimano long reach double pivot callipers seriously good on my quick test. Can’t remember what headset was and not investigated bottom bracket but very happy so far.

Not sure what bars are but may swap for the ones I have as they have a channel for cables under bar tape.

My retro head is also screaming get an old campag post and Stronglight cranks as a homage to my old bike.

Re:

Dont change stuff for the sake of it, ride it first. Did you swap the chainset from the bike you had previous to the old bike this new one replaces out of homage......unlikely. Remember its just a well put together collection of mechanical parts. Giving your bike a personality is a mistake I made too many times ;-)

Re:

Nah part of reason was thinking cranks (but once I ride it) as I did identify reasons back when I build my more aggressive road bike why I liked it less.

1st the frame was relaxed, 2nd 165mm cranks

I couldn’t think of any other reasons for old bike being more enjoyable. As you say I’ll be getting on bike and giving it a good go before I even think about any changes to stuff.

Got a few things to do but hopefully can get a saddle and post on it the day and get out for at least a quick trial.

Back