Ultimate TI 26" disc braked hardtail frame

wynne

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have had a very big cull of bikes recently and am now mulling over buying a really nice ti hardtail. Doesn't have to be boutique for the sake of it, but i want European or North American made. Got about £700-900 to spend on the right frame. Doesn't have to cosmetically great as long as it's structurally perfect. Light and springy for fast longish xc miles.
Some real world recommendations please? Thinking maybe a de kerf elysium or a cove hummer, but others may be out there.
Thank you.

There’s lots of fans out there, but I’ve heard of an awful lot of cracked/bent Hummers. Think these were the Lynskey built ones, but could be wrong.

Even my silky smooth, weighs nothing, fast mate bent his.

I have had a very big cull of bikes recently and am now mulling over buying a really nice ti hardtail. Doesn't have to be boutique for the sake of it, but i want European or North American made. Got about £700-900 to spend on the right frame. Doesn't have to cosmetically great as long as it's structurally perfect. Light and springy for fast longish xc miles.
Some real world recommendations please? Thinking maybe a de kerf elysium or a cove hummer, but others may be out there.
Thank you.
@pebble has a beautiful 17” DeKerf Elysium availible - had been intreseted myself but not my size - think you’d need to expand budget though… GLWSearch😎

PS add Moots to list of fancy - fab ti frames…

Last edited:
Hummers ride quite nice, high bb though so feel a bit top heavy. Make sure you get one with a shimmed seat tube and you should have no problems.

Hummers ride quite nice, high bb though so feel a bit top heavy. Make sure you get one with a shimmed seat tube and you should have no problems.
Thanks. I've always fancied one, but i've never been sure which are the good ones.

I potentially have a 20” 1998 Kona King Kahuna frame with original factory fitted disc tabs available. PM if interested.

Hummers are good, I prefer the 2nd gen Litespeed model. Dean are great of course. My last favourite was a Merlin XLM. The DeKerf is worth increasing your budget for

Back