Tyres less than 2.0 wide?

Ive got IRC mythos tyres on my Marin in 1.95 size. much better on road than my saracen (that has 2.3) but still handles off road really well

Geax Barro Race are meant to be 2.0" bt they measre up more like 1.7". I am racing on these currently and love them.

FluffyChicken":2bxt2pts said:
Schwalbe make 1.8 to 2.1 in their tires. (Nobby nic for example)
Many reports Schwalbe measure up small as well.

As for the splashbacks, they have measured them at pretty much 1.8" including tread, to the person above measuring them quite a bit wider. Might depend on your setup or probably just the batch?

the seemed wide in my Manitou SX/XT V's (i.e i had to thump the front wheel in)

I just measured them with some digital calipers a tad under 2.2" across the tread and pretty much 2.0" across the carcass.

On a fully rigid they are bliss! (as well as being, light, cheap, grippy [all relatively!] and 95% look like a skinwall) Yeah my Nobby Nics are grippier per se but they are twice the price. certainly for retrobiking in all but the gloopiest of mud they are a fine tyre! To the OP try some 1.8's today!

Agree for a modern retro look tyre for the current weather around here and forests the Splashbacks are great :)

I have no idea what the narrow Schwalbes are like, I've only used the 2.25's

Unfortunately the Continental Twister Supersonic in 1.9 is discontinued but some stocks are still available.

My first post here since registering. Hi. I used to have a very nice pair of continental xcountry tires back in the mid 90s, 0.95" if I remember correctly, super light and suited my xc riding style nicely. Having got back in mtbing lately, still with my 1995 bike with mostly original parts, I'm gutted to learn that there aren't many narrow, lightweight tires available these days :(

gm1230126":1j7d4cvc said:

"WILL NOT SHIP OVERSEAS"
Bugger! ...and I was so close to that 2nd mortgage too :LOL:

Ok, not specifically after retro-tyres, it's my Pace I need some new tyres for and that's retro/modern.
Currently it wears Michelin XC-AT 2.0 tyres which are actually ok grip-wise, but they are a bit "baloonish" and not the lightest (they were damn cheap though!).

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back