Tyre sizes

Just found a pic on the net. It is not one of mine. I dont have any from the 70's. This one recons it is from 1968. But I think the 70's as it has bullborns (the site recons they are cowhorns but they are to wide). I never had a bike with a curved crossbar, but my bike looked very similar. You can make out the tyre nobbles.

Hahaha, that's me now!
Maybe I'm wrong, but the speed way inspired (MTBs of their day)seem to have been shunned away. I've got a couple of over 60 customers, and they still tag off roaders as silly bikes! Haha.
It's awesome that everyone got rad memories of riding them.

I would love to build a bike like I had in the 70's. I had the extra wide bullhorns and could not ride up the entry between our house and next door. Tried it the first time I fitted the bars and rapped both knuckles on the walls. Only done it the once. lol.
In the pic, you can see the rear brake cable stretched to its max. Mine was on the right. Better for doing rear wheel skids as I am right handed. The nobbles didnt last long skidding everywhere, but it was fun.

I think I will when I find a cheap 3 speed vintage bike that needs painting and crying out to be turned back to the 70's. I have tried to find bullhorn handlebars before on ebay but they very rarely come up.

I have found a couple of bikes decent enough which need plenty of work on them that would be a good project to turn into a 70's memory. I just hope my refurbished Raleigh Twenty sells on ebay. Trouble is, most bikes are a long way and I am mostly looking for ones with postage or near to me.

Yah ebays a toughy, I've got no PayPal and set to a 10mile radios (I don't want to ride with 2 bikes any further). I've gotten quite lucky, until the other day a 50's Humber went for 25quid and I didn't have the required amount.
I imagine most bull horns ended up on the bin come the 90s and flat bar MTBs:

Back