Two Mystery Ti MTBs

RFC

Dirt Disciple
Yes, I have a thing for Ti bikes. Here are my two Ti MTBs, both somewhat of a mystery. (I'll save the Ti road bikes for later.

The first is my Frankenbike Ti drop bar single speed. I bought the frame from a very knowledgeable Dutch seller, who told me it was a mid 95's MTB manufactured by a Dutch company (name escapes me) from Russian titanium. Surplus nuclear subs and MIGs, no doubt. It makes a great bomber of a single speed.

The second is a bargain I picked up on the local Craigslist. It came without decals, but research, including consulting with the experts here, led me to the conclusion that it is a Litespeed. It is almost identical to the Obed, including the shaped stays and bullet stay ends. The only difference I can see is that in the Litespeed catalogs, the cable stops on the TT are on the side, where this one has the same stays, but on the top of the TT. There were a lot of Litespeeds made during this period, so it could have been a minor variation. Or, because Litespeed also made many frames for other bike companies, it could be one of those. At any rate, it's a great little bike, now set up as a path and gravel grinder.

Thanks for looking!

Re:

Russian melted down MIGs, not sure it was dutch comoany but i did post about this, do a search, red star springs to mind.

Back