Two cheap frames, Super Maxy, Araya/Normandy wheels, stems

destry

Dirt Disciple
All the items below can be collected (Camden Area of London) or I will ask the buyer to pay for postage at cost.

Photos are in this album:

https://picasaweb.google.com/105806503770881240949/LFGSS?authuser=0&feat=directlink

---------------------------------

Raleigh Lenton Marque III, 1958, 21 inch, road version of this classic sportster. Takes 27" wheels, or 700c with a long-drop brake. Includes bottom bracket (which needs grease), and probably all of a headset, though not 100% guaranteed. Frame is Reynolds 531 and is straight with no dents. Fair amount of superficial rust and wear, but the paint is all original, and oh my, whatever the person who did the design work was on, I want some! £40. Sold.

--------------------------------

Raleigh Worksop built touring frame, Reynolds 531, 25-inch. Dropouts are Gipiemme. Double eyelets and rack mounts, plus a chain hanger. Lugs are Bocama, I think. For 700c wheels. No damage to the steel at all and clean threads. I have the brass Raleigh head badge, though it has lost its paint somewhere along the line. Has been re-sprayed in a nice blue and not used much since -- there are a few marks on the inside of the drive-side chainstay, but that's about it. It has some of a Shimano 600 or 105 headset, which I can leave on or knock out. I probably have the rest of it somewhere, and you are welcome to it if I do. No forks, so £40. Sold.

---------------------------------------

Non-matching Raleigh forks for the above which I got from Hilary Stone and have the necessary virtue of a long, long steerer. He sold them to me as very probably 531, and if he doesn't know what steel a Raleigh fork is made of, no one does. £20, or £15 if bought with the Raleigh frame. Sold.

---------------------------------

Sugino Super Maxy chainset with a 42t ring. 170 mm arms, JIS taper. Was once shocking pink, now a demure rose. Still, a damn fine crankset. £40. Now £30.

--------------------------------

Eighties vintage 700c wheelset, Araya single-wall rims on Normandy hubs with original quick releases, clinchers, 36 spokes, threaded for a freewheel. 100/126 mm OLN. Some rust to the spokes but superficial and none need replacing. Both wheels nice and true. Hubs are very free-running, with just a little bit of the rumble you get with these as they age. This is a strikingly light wheelset that I've been keeping for something which hasn't happened, so for sale at £40 now £30. Now sold.

-------------------------------

Outland bullhorn bars, 465 mm to the outisde edges. Oversized clamping area (31.8 mm). Never been used. Cheap and very decent alternative to Nittos etc. £10. Now £8.

------------------------------

Pair of MKS toe clips. Look new nut with a bit of storage wear. £5. Sold.

----------------------------

SR 100 mm stem. Sound and well made, but scratched on top of the clamp. £5. Now sold. .

Kalloy 80 mm stem. Understated quality and in good condition. £8. Sold.

Sturmey Archer 90 mm girder type stem. Good condition. £8. Now £6.

---------------------------

Blackspire downhill chainring, also great for a fixed or singlespeed. Unused but with storage marks. 46 teeth. Chunkily built but not heavy. £8.

God, that Lenton's a beaut!
Dibs please, pending a bit of research.
Is it all standard size contact points? BB/headset etc?

They will be perfect for your Viking -- since the hubs both say 79 on the shells!

However, I can't find a pm from you... Do you want to try again?

Back