Turbo trainers...

hamster":13t5m57v said:
Had one, gave up as I got too bored. I bought some nice LED lights with the resale money.

I had some great night rides last winter - moonlit in deserted lanes with frost on the fields sparkling is fantastic.

For me, outside is preferable even when it's close to freezing.

Oooh yeah, I love riding at night in the winter.

Have you ever ridden through a pocket of cold air? All of a sudden the temperature drops for a few seconds and then you ride out the other side. Moonlit trees, frosty fields... beautiful.

Russell":3qno324y said:
hamster":3qno324y said:
Had one, gave up as I got too bored. I bought some nice LED lights with the resale money.

I had some great night rides last winter - moonlit in deserted lanes with frost on the fields sparkling is fantastic.

For me, outside is preferable even when it's close to freezing.

Oooh yeah, I love riding at night in the winter.

Have you ever ridden through a pocket of cold air? All of a sudden the temperature drops for a few seconds and then you id eout the other side. Moonlit trees, frosty fields... beautiful.

I agree, BUT turbo's are good for when you only find yourself with a 30min window to ride.

Dive upstairs, chuck your shorts on, 30mins on the turbo, shower and off to whatever you need to do.

drystonepaul":2dhn8hpb said:
Old Ned":2dhn8hpb said:
I use a half brick to support the front wheel. The type with 3 holes in, the groove in the half, which is half the middle hole, fits a road front wheel nicely.

Whoa there Ned! Sounds a bit technical to me. :LOL:

I'll take a photo.

Can you get them in anodised colours?

Yep, sort of brick coloured - but not purple!

Back