Tune cranks removal

DACO

Retro Guru
Hi,
Before I make something wrong I'm asking if there is anyone who know how to remowe Tune Fast Foot cranks?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20221113_192933.jpg
    20221113_192933.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 34
On a six-pack BB? IIRC they should self extract. The thread in the crank and the thread in the BB is a different pitch, so the arm should be jacked off the BB as you unscrew the titanium "grub-bolts".

Nope, just unscrew and off comes the crank arm. It relied on the bolt being screwed in the right amount into the BB spindle to begin with though.
Bolt screwed in the right amount>offer up crank arm and hold in the right orientation>carefully carry on screwing the bolt and it draws on the crank arm. You have to hold the crank arm carefully to get the bolt started quickly, and without cross threading it.
IIRC you torque to 35Nm, then rode, the re-torque to 30Nm (yes, less)

The longer part of the thread on the screw that goes on the axis has a normal thread, and the shorter part of the thread in the picture is a counter thread. I tried the screw but it only goes to a certain depth and then stops. The crank doesen't move out. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't see what else I can do.

Back