Tubeless booster

Nigelpa

Marin Fan
Looking at tubeless ’boosters’ to make changing tyres myself easier. Anyone know if the cheaper ones such as Beto CJA001S Tubeless Air Tank Inflator or the Giant Control Tank Pump will be adequate to seat a 27.5" - 2.8" tyre? Or do I need something with more oomph?

Answering my own thread. ;)

I made a ‘booster’ like this one. My sprayer needed some different tubing and I had to seal one of the tubing threads with silicon so I didn’t leak.

Never done a tubeless tyre before and I think it has worked! I wanted to give it a go so I can swap tyres about.

I started trying to get it to seat with the valve core out and it sort of did - pumped the sprayer 70/80 times and ’woodshed’ the air into the tyre. I did two blasts of air and got a slight pop. When I deflated tyre by taking the plastic tube off, the tyre came off the rim.
Next I tried it with some soapy water and it did seem to pop a bit with two full blasts. Seemed to seat a bit and was less ‘floppy’.

Third times a charm.
I put half the bottle of sealant in the tyre with the valve at the bottom the ‘rotation’. Screwed the valve core back in and gave it two blasts of the sprayer. Tyre popped a bit and seemed to seat. Then I rolled and tilted the tyre around so the sealant was distributed. Swapped over to the track pump and took the pressure up to 50psi.

Left at 50psi in the garage with the valve at the top to settle the liquid to the base. Didn’t see any sealant coming out so don’t know if I need to put more pressure in or just leave it and try it tomorrow after letting air out to desired pressure. 48993918-DAB6-4A43-9856-64C3BF883198.jpeg ED4C099B-8FB2-4E26-8E2C-355C2664510E.jpeg

Back