Truative cranks on a shimano BB not right ?.

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Current build has hit another snag.

I'm using a shimano saint m800 bb, and was going to use rotor rex cranks that appear to fit ok, but decided to use X9 and when all assembled im left with a gap on the non drive side of about 10mm. I've only done this hand tight, but i cant see it moving that far onto the spindle, maybe 4mm but not 10 :?

As its a GXP system the axle basically just slides through and if any gap on the drive side will i suppose move about.
Is there no spacer that can go between the outside of the bb and the inside of the arm, or is that just compounding matters.

I've a GXP bb sitting here new, but arent they all compatible ? Or will fitting the GXP with the x9 solve the spacing issue.
The BB is 68mm standard. Cranks are new X9

Re:

They are different. Shimano are 24mm both sides whereas crank spindles from the sram family are 24mm ds and 22mm nds. You can buy a converting spacer off ebay.
Hope this helps
Kes

Re:

Gxp is slightly different to shimano. As mentioned, adapters are needed that press in to the bearings. Plenty around on Ebay and usually pinkbike.

Got one at the lbs today and its fitted and thus far all appears well with the world :D

Ill fit the chain, and hopefully all will do as it should.

Back