Trevor Jarvis 1990

a few years back i heard the guy that ran my local tip was minted from it.he was southampton way.
he had over 20 raleigh chopper's inhis collection people would even chuck jewelry coins expensive watches
not too keen on drinking out of date beer though like they used to. :xmas-big-grin:

Breaks your heart, though, when you're leaning over the scrap metal skip and see a classic racer down there amongst the prams and garden chairs… just out of reach, covered by crap, no way out… :(

I saw what I'm sure was a Quinn under such a pile a few months ago. The temptation to dive in was almost irresistible.

oonaff":gcpk1vna said:
a few years back i heard the guy that ran my local tip was minted from it.he was southampton way.
he had over 20 raleigh chopper's inhis collection people would even chuck jewelry coins expensive watches
not too keen on drinking out of date beer though like they used to. :xmas-big-grin:
I've got a few Choppers - earliest is July 1970 Mk1 due to be rebuilt at some point, but old BMX's are the thing too - think i've got about 10 80s bikes... Becomes a little addictive!!

Diamant_Don":30ret0rv said:
Breaks your heart, though, when you're leaning over the scrap metal skip and see a classic racer down there amongst the prams and garden chairs… just out of reach, covered by crap, no way out… :(

I saw what I'm sure was a Quinn under such a pile a few months ago. The temptation to dive in was almost irresistible.
Yeah, I hear that - I got my Harry Rensch Champion du Monde that way - pulled it out, covered in hammerite and no clue what it was and cost me 3 quid!

Back