Trevor Jarvis 1990

Re:

Ah, that's interesting! I sold this to a guy in Bristol back in the Summer! I found it at our local tip looking a bit sorry for itself but never found the time to restore it... I have another TJ frame so one was probably enough...? (that and I have about 120 other bikes ;-))

Peter Hargroves has a chain of LBS in the Hampshire area and was either his or could have been a sponsored bike for time trials or races?? I has since found another Peter Hargroves bike at the local tip - this time a Ridley Cyclocross bike with his name painted on and lacquered in with the original Ridley graphics so was probably done at the factory...

Anyway, good to see it's in safe hands!
Cheers

you have 120 bikes ? :shock: let us please see them in groups once a week.
ah ha your not far at all!! basingstoke i be.

Small world indeed ! I hear stories of people finding amazing bikes at the tip but have never seen any myself ! You must keep it a closely guarded secret !

Can I ask if you found it as a frame or a complete bike , and if the latter do you remember how it was built up, what components it had etc ? Thanks

I did wonder if it was Peter Hargroves of the lbs chain but I think he raced in the 70s and 80s , a while before this was made.

Please post pictures of the Ridley if you can, would be great to see and may help solve where they both originated from !

From the Peter Hargroves website, interestingly the Hargroves team have recently joined with Ridley !

"Our Race Team also dates back as far as and if not beyond the formation of the first shop in 1981. Peter Hargroves was a successful road and cyclocross rider racing in the UK and on the continent from the 1970s onwards. Today Peter mainly takes a Directeur Sportif role looking after a highly successful Race Team of Elite Cyclists.".

How interesting and funny how things come together sometimes! Yes, I will take a few pics of the Ridley for you and it will be for sale if you're interested?

Cheers

Re:

Here ya go... just stuck a couple of random wheels in it for effect... The other bits came with it... Frame/paint is quite tidy to be honest and will clean quite nicely...

Cheers

Attachments

• Ridley 1.jpg
    Ridley 1.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 625
  • Ridley 2.jpg
    Ridley 2.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 625
  • Ridley 3.jpg
    Ridley 3.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 625
  • Ridley 4.jpg
    Ridley 4.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 625
  • Ridley 5.jpg
    Ridley 5.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 625
Tamandua":1jij7vi0 said:
Small world indeed ! I hear stories of people finding amazing bikes at the tip but have never seen any myself ! You must keep it a closely guarded secret !

Can I ask if you found it as a frame or a complete bike , and if the latter do you remember how it was built up, what components it had etc ? Thanks

I did wonder if it was Peter Hargroves of the lbs chain but I think he raced in the 70s and 80s , a while before this was made.

Please post pictures of the Ridley if you can, would be great to see and may help solve where they both originated from !

In terms of Components on the PH TJ, I think, from memory, it had early satin silver 105/600 group on it or RX100 - certainly shimano tho and think it had a profile or ITM titanium stem in it and gold coloured mavic or ambrosio rims...

Cheers

Re:

Even better than that, in my infinite wisdom, I seem to have photographed it so here it is/was...

Attachments

• TJ1.jpg
    TJ1.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 622
  • TJ2.jpg
    TJ2.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 620
  • TJ3.jpg
    TJ3.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 620
  • TJ4.jpg
    TJ4.jpg