Trek SS project (completed)

Re: Trek SS project

More items on order:
Red anodized chainring bolts $11.00
AEST CNC brake levers $55.00
AEST CNC pedals $45.00

this is looking great, loving those curves - see you are running 34 x 18, how hilly is it round you?

I so get the whole singlespeed thing now, converted an old Ti Dynatech frame and its a hoot with 32 x 18, I can just about climb the stuff round here - Derbyshire can be pretty hilly

LittleSkink":35ch5oma said:
this is looking great, loving those curves - see you are running 34 x 18, how hilly is it round you?

I so get the whole singlespeed thing now, converted an old Ti Dynatech frame and its a hoot with 32 x 18, I can just about climb the stuff round here - Derbyshire can be pretty hilly

Big hills here. You can see one in my pics in the background. What I am aiming for is a climb and coast kind of ride.

Re:

progress :D I took it for a spin around the neighborhood and it feels really good. Couldn't go to far I still need to do brakes. I think this will be my Moab slickrock bike.

Attachments

• Trek ss3 003.JPG
    Trek ss3 003.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 762
  • Trek ss3 001.JPG
    Trek ss3 001.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 741
  • Trek ss3 002.JPG
    Trek ss3 002.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 741
Re: Trek SS project (Updates pg2)

A change in direction.

I have decided to buy a pair of AEST CNC V brakes and a pair of V brake adapter clamps that are used for BMX bikes on the rear. I think the retro look with CNC parts is going to be nice.

Cost: V brakes $90
Adapters $60
Cable guides $8

V brake adapters arrived and a close up of the CNC brake levers... Unfortunately the only options on the adapters were gold, purple, blue and hot pink so I went with gold.

Attachments

• Trek ss4 004.JPG
    Trek ss4 004.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 700
  • Trek ss4 001.JPG
    Trek ss4 001.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 699

I'm hooked with this build as that layed back frame with those forks and straight bars and box stem give it a very mean looking stance :cool: and the choice of components with those wheels and all really brings the frame set alive and although i get the feeling the steering will be really twitchy i can tell you that relaxed head and seat angle will make for excellent down hill riding which you'll find very enjoyable ;) .

Muddy paw":18u5bwuu said:
I'm hooked with this build as that layed back frame with those forks and straight bars and box stem give it a very mean looking stance :cool: and the choice of components with those wheels and all really brings the frame set alive and although i get the feeling the steering will be really twitchy i can tell you that relaxed head and seat angle will make for excellent down hill riding which you'll find very enjoyable ;) .
I figure if I don't like the way it rides on the trails it would make a really cool flatland pub cruiser ;)

addicted":1qs9l231 said:
Muddy paw":1qs9l231 said:
I figure if I don't like the way it rides on the trails it would make a really cool flatland pub cruiser ;)

I can't argue with you on that point but you'll need a real good padlock and chain to keep it safe ...

Back