Trackpumps….

A few years ago my mate bought me a Giant control tower 2, I have to say it does the job perfectly well and even swaps btween high pressure and high volume, and yes it does go up to 11...

Premium air? If you aren't feeding in the correct mix of oxygen, nitrogen and trace elements then your pump is going to die quickly. To combat this I'm now selling premium air. Really easy to use, you get a can that you open near the base of your pump before you start, it will calibrate the air ratio for you.

Sorry to say its a one time product right now, but I'll be doing it in a handy 24 can pack to reduce packaging. I'm working on a reusable one though.
Think you could be on to something - I’ve been saving the air from old tyres for years in my garage. Plan is to photograph it in front of a Campagnolo carrier bag and get it on eBay for the hipsters.

Rumour has it Granniegear is planning a listing for tyre air - you have to click the drop down to select Carbon and oxygen as he’s managed to split the CO2.

I managed to get a spare leather washer for my Silca a year or two back sure it was supplied from the UK? I also got a reddish conditioning liquid at the same time.
I thought at the time I had paid quite a sum for a small piece of wet formed veg tan leather. I reckon I might give a go at making my own at some point. I have some leather pieces and I now have a lathe to make the two piece former. Trouble is, it'll all be guess work as I bet not even YouTube has a video on forming a leather pump washer!

Might make for an interesting project though.

paraffin stoves like SVEA and Optimus have leather pump washers.
this isn't mine, but here is how I make pump washers for the few I have.
I use old sofa leather, often cut from fly tipped sofas.

and youtube for you. :)

Lovely photo of blue flames....reminds me of many mountains...

Well...spent (wasted?) yesterday morning refurbishing the Rennkompressor. Radio4 on. Bloody Archers. But rest good.

Dismantle - bloody tight 22mm brass nut over non return valve - breaker bar and vice did it
Check - find lots of corrosion in bottom of tube and non return valve - expected due to condensation
Fabricate tool - long alu rod, hole drilled across end, wire holding spontex ball, use drill to rotate all way down tube
Carefully but firmly brush all corrosion off in the tube - nice and shiny
Spontex for all metal parts, then brass on chuck and non return valve cover.
Repaint? Nah. Stick a Cotic sticker on the big scratch.
Windolene the crack off the gauge cover.
Silicone grease for the rubber surround to the gauge.
Finish line grease for the washer.
Roll the chuck washers around in my fingers to ease them up - no cracking and swiftly ease up.

Bloody good 40 year-old pump.

Latest posts

Back