Townsend mtb 1990s with shimano acera

will try and get better pictures of the frame, it's in the loft, but this, which I'm positive was a falcon (thus from the same Taiwanese factory) is similar albeit bastardised over the years. top tube, centred brake cable with downtube gear cables, 1 1/8" head tube, similar drop outs, did have forks like those on yours.

In the summer time by David Rees, on Flickr

Great pic...the headtube looks to be about 40mm in diameter and approx 105mm in curcumference to my very untrauned eye and steel measuring tape.Cheers.

Great pic. Headtube is about 1 1/8 to my untrained eye and steel tape.Thanks for messing for me.
I'll pull it out the loft tomorrow and grab a few close ups. Shame I can't remember the exact details of it after all these years. It's been through a lot, unlike yours that looks minty.

Thanks very much for taking the time to do this.The frame number sticker looks identical.Maybe it is as you say that it has had a respray or maybe it was sold sold unbaged.I hope you are going to give yours a spin now.

Thanks very much for taking the time to do this.The frame number sticker looks identical.Maybe it is as you say that it has had a respray or maybe it was sold sold unbaged.I hope you are going to give yours a spin now.
I’m currently sorting the hot tub, maybe later 😁

Back