Top Gear stunt

Re:

Been a little busy so forgive me if this idea of 'publicity' has been claimed in the news generally.

But really? I mean reaaallllyyyyy?

Perhaps someone can explain why, after this
15420776275_b9cc9d56b5_b.jpg
we need any more 'publicity' for remembrance?

The suggestion we need a lame television show stunt to underline the sacrifice of our ancestors is bizarre.

Chris Evans' attempts at gravitas are contemptible.

Re:

If we had more focus, respect and contemplation of remembrance, maybe we would have fewer wars.

Re: Re:

M-Power":2fthqrus said:
If we had more focus, respect and contemplation of remembrance, maybe we would have fewer wars.

wars are about ideology, and profit/money (and perhaps those two things aren't totally unrelated)

Mike Muz 67":2eds3l9y said:
This is a question of respect.

Would you ride your mtb around gravestones in the local church

No i wouldnt nor woukd i walk iver them.

But tg did not drive over the cenotaph nor danage it anyway.

Tell me who decides how close you need to drive crazily before it becomes disresreptectful, is it 1m, 5 m, 10 m 50m, what?

Surely discharging canons and firing arms is more disreespectful as most of those who have died were dispatched by that means?

02gf74":2kcf3ice said:
Mike Muz 67":2kcf3ice said:
This is a question of respect.

Would you ride your mtb around gravestones in the local church

No i wouldnt nor woukd i walk iver them.

But tg did not drive over the cenotaph nor danage it anyway.

Tell me who decides how close you need to drive crazily before it becomes disresreptectful, is it 1m, 5 m, 10 m 50m, what?

Surely discharging canons and firing arms is more disreespectful as most of those who have died were dispatched by that means?

Well, I for one, think that where they did it was disrespectful. Which is my point.

Everyone has their own ideas about how close would be too close for such behavior. Personally, I don't think anywhere on a public road is the right place. Closed off or not.

TOTALLY UNNECESSARY.

Designed to shock/draw attention. I do believe there is such a thing as bad publicity, and this falls into that category.

FWIW, I did used to like the show years ago.

Back