Today's Ride

Re:

It has been said, that Vancouver is the 'California of Canada' (at least without a doubt it's the west coast - something about the final frontier and the wild western mentality!) ...

So if you travel that far, ya gotta come up here too.

Re:

If oppotunity knocked dude ill be all over everywhere like a shot!! Always wanted to visit sheep hills when i bmx'd but i believe its a road now :(

Marin, whistler, utah.....the lot :)

Wheres my lottery card...

Re:

Im with you there dude.
Been a life long dream (well, since I been into bikes) to ride along a dirt track high up the side of a mountain in the Canadian rockies, dry ground with snow here and there, pure clear blue skies and the most amazing views.... :)

Re: Re:

unit3":1oqn6nmo said:
Im with you there dude.
Been a life long dream (well, since I been into bikes) to ride along a dirt track high up the side of a mountain in the Canadian rockies, dry ground with snow here and there, pure clear blue skies and the most amazing views.... :)

sounds good to me dude

todays ride............srarted okay, wet, muddy and cold

found some rally nice sharp things that my innertubes apparently didnt like

then realised id left my pump on the workshop bench :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: quick call to the wife and half an hour later i get picked up :roll: first and last time i forget something as important as a pump. annoying thing that while i was awaiting the wife, a fellow......mtber went straight past and didnt ask if i needed a hand or owt :shock: :shock: when i see someone stranded i always ask if they need help, even when im racing. i hope he had a nice ride :evil:

I always offer too. Just good manners.

Shame you were cut short!

My night race (wouldn't personally be racing just making up numbers) was cancelled tonight due to gale force winds. Boooo.

Re:

You know, since I went tubeless about 5 years ago, the only punctures I've gotten were a couple of times when I ran the tire beyond bald and the carcass blew-no punctures, though, because the Stan's Sealant works really well. I still carry a tube, but never have used it ( I bought an ultra light latex tube, figuring it won't be something I would use very long-still carry it on every ride } I also usually leave my pump and carry a CO2 cartridge and a mini head to screw on and inflate the tire with. Today-Saturday-Cold for around here at 52 F. at noon when we started, but the sun felt really good. We rode up into the Open Space District above town about 1000'...

Attachments

• Northern View.jpg
    Northern View.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 385
  • Resting.jpg
    Resting.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 385
  • Council Rocks.jpg
    Council Rocks.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 385
Re:

^^^^ check your tube. Ive recently had to throw two away that had developed cracks at the folds.

The History Man":31bqfq2c said:
Maybe it was the beard..................

And the swearing..........

for once i was calm and chilled haha, but the 6'3 16st bearded muppet with no pump looking cold prob didnt help :facepalm:

looked into tubeless but every ride ive been on with folk running them have had issues and failures of some point. and with 10....ish bikes converting them all would be costly, especially when some tyres wont take the kit ;) and tubes are cheap enough, i just need to not forget the pump, ever again. ill get some more slime, had some on an old mongoose years ago and they never let me down, think ive still got one of the tubs somewhere although the slimes probobly gone now.

may take youth out again today, to make up for yesterdays short ride :D

Latest posts

Back