Today's Ride

Back in the saddle. Warm and pleasant if short.

IMG_7083_zps5npc23f3.jpg

My longtime friend and former Ritchey team rider Jim Sullivan invited me to join him and a few hundred others for a charity event, with the idea that I could push copies of my book on the unsuspecting participants. The event had runners and mountain bikers on a challenging trail not normally open to the public because access was through private property. Meanwhile a hundred or so road riders took a route more suited to their machinery. There was even a contingent of dog walkers, who took a very short route.

Afterward everyone partied for a few hours on mountains of catered food, collected the t-shirts and water bottle schwag, I signed copies of the book and a good ride was had by all.

The End.

Attachments

• pacifica.jpg
    pacifica.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 386
Re:

Today-Monday-83 F. and really humid out today-up into the hills to the West of Fairfax today-saw a number of other riders out and about...

Attachments

• Hanging out.jpg
    Hanging out.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 364
  • Tight U turn.jpg
    Tight U turn.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 364
Re:

Quick blast this afternoon. Spent some quality time with my retro car ;)

Warm, muggy and dry

Re:

Today-Wednesday-A 15 mile ride to the Bay and back-Met and rode part of the way with Jason, who is riding from Edmonton, Canada, down the Pacific coast to LA. He said he's covering 60-90 miles a day and loving it...

Attachments

• Jason.jpg
    Jason.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 328
heres a pics few of mine, nowt as warm and epic as jasons above but itll do for me haha. rode around the peaks a bit and it was very quiet, only saw 3-4 other mtbers

some of you may recognise here

start of the bridleway at mam tor

bottom of chapel gate, bloody hard climb

rushup edge looking at mam tor, really enjoyed this! nice singletrack and flowed well when i was actually looking where i was going

just because :)

just missed the rain

best way to end a ride. icecream and a brew

Good to see your getting the miles in mate, wish the same could be said for me.

You know somebody has bolted a pillow to your rear triangle though ;) :LOL:

Re:

Today-Thursday-a late afternoon blast up to Tamarancho-900' up. A moderate 75 F. afternoon-breezy...

Attachments

• At the Top.jpg
    At the Top.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 302
  • Blue Skies.jpg
    Blue Skies.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 302
Re:

Today-Sunday- Out early while it's cool-65 F.-Down to the Bay and back-looks like an event at the Museum downtown-it's an all female ride called the Jane Fondo-they were all out on the ride when I came by-maybe go back later for a look...

Attachments

• Museum event.jpg
    Museum event.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 273
  • Tam this morning.jpg
    Tam this morning.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 273
Back