Today's Ride

Another build built. Yesterday

01c1256c6f13ac3c6ef3790408d090d8_zpsb0d772d0.jpg

lewisfoto":2b8se28h said:
Wow those are some looooong chain stays.
Not a great climber, needless to say, but it doesn't put the BB much farther (if any) from the rear axle than a modern 29er with it's big wheels, if you think about it. :) Today-Monday-About 67 F. and sunny- We rode up to the West about 1000' to a fav. sunny spot, then explored a new trail that ended up being a great shortcut to another one we ride often-love it when that happens :cool: -With full zoom, the fire lookout hut on top of Tam becomes visible...

Attachments

• Group shot.jpg
    Group shot.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 413
  • CK, Pat.jpg
    CK, Pat.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 413
  • Tam Fire Lookout.jpg
    Tam Fire Lookout.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 413
lewisfoto":1xj3wejy said:
Riding on that boardwalk looks like it would be slippery business.
Almost the same feeling as riding on ice. I always unclip and hardly press at all on the pedals, ready for the bike to slide away under me. Braking not recommended either. If I need to stop I just roll to a stop with my feet on the boards and treat my brake levers as they are made of thin glass.

Re:

Today-Tuesday-About 62 F. and overcast, looks like some rainstorms coming off the Pacific this week, starting tomorrow-we really need the rain. We rode up into the Water District to the South of town today...

Attachments

• Fall colors.jpg
    Fall colors.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 398
  • Warren.jpg
    Warren.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 398
  • Concrete Pipe road.jpg
    Concrete Pipe road.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 398
Sitting at my desk, not seeing my house in daylight from sunday night to saturday morning. I want to be in Fairfax!

Went out for a 4 hrs in 5C. Ended up banging a nasty headwind till my digits turned to icicles. Did not feel like 5C at all. Gave up the road and turned left into the woods for a short cut back home. The height of those snow sticks suggests they are expecting lots of snow this winter...

Attachments

• snow sticks.jpg
    snow sticks.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 363
  • head wind road.jpg
    head wind road.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 363
Back