Today's Ride

Re:

Today-Saturday- A ride up Iron Springs road to Tamarancho-But-They are redoing the road near the top now, and we got turned back 95% of the way to the top. We went back down a private road that was so steep and long that I know I'll never try to go up it. :LOL: Nice out, about 70 F. this afternoon, with an Indian Summer warm up coming Monday...

Attachments

• Contemplating the steepness.jpg
    Contemplating the steepness.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 583
Re:

Today-Thursday-Wow, after 4 days off the bike it felt really good to get out today. We are still experiencing Indian Summer, yesterday it was 90 F. and today 88 F. A ride up the steepest road in Fairfax, Mountain View road, about 800' up, then a sweaty descent back home. A pic of town from above...

Attachments

• Fairfax.jpg
    Fairfax.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 542
Re:

Today-Friday-Really warm for this time of the year still. 88 F. and sunny today. Iron Springs road, one of my go to climbs up to the Scout Camp, was regraded and covered with a Macadam surface in the last 10 days, and it is smoother and nicer than I've ever seen it before. Sadly, last Monday the Camp Ranger was working on the road with a small tractor and it went over the edge, tumbled about 75 feet, and killed him in the tumble down the bank. I rode up today to get in the climb and also check out where it happened...

Attachments

• Slide furrow.jpg
    Slide furrow.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 530
  • Slide spot.jpg
    Slide spot.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 530
  • Slide spot from below on right side.jpg
    Slide spot from below on right side.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 530
  • View from Iron springs road.jpg
    View from Iron springs road.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 530
nowt amazing today, had half a day off work so went to vueltasport near me, did some trail maintaining, added a new bridge over a natural rain channel, which is deceptively deep and harsh and did a few steady miles in the sun. :D

Attachments

• 20171027_160225.jpg
    20171027_160225.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 523
  • 20171027_160250.jpg
    20171027_160250.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 523
  • 20171027_141123.jpg
    20171027_141123.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 523
Re:

Nice bridge, Longun. Today-Saturday- 80 F. and sunny, more normal fall temperature, makes climbing easier, and that's all we've got around here. A climb up to the West about 1000' today, amongst the Redwoods and ancient ferns...

Attachments

• Local Ferns.jpg
    Local Ferns.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 514
Re:

Today-Wednesday- A can't beat it 72 F. sunny Fall day around here. We rode up to the West of town about 900' up...

Attachments

• Top of the climb.jpg
    Top of the climb.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 469
Re:

Today-Thursday- We rode to Ross, then up into the Water District on Mt. Tam, past Phoenix Lake and up along Concrete Pipe Fire Road- Coolish 64 F. at the start, but warmed up to 70 F. by the end of the ride...

Attachments

• On the sunny side.jpg
    On the sunny side.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 450
  • Phoenix Lake.jpg
    Phoenix Lake.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 450
Re: Re:

longun":997nihcc said:
Wish it was nice and dry and sunny here pat

We are supposed to get a light rain here tomorrow and Saturday/Sunday. It will be great for the fire roads and trails around here, as they are really dusty and dry right now... :)

Re:

Today-Saturday- iIt rained overnight, and was cool this morning at about 62 F. We met up at the Biketoberfest downtown, a bike festival/show with live music and lots of local beers. We rode up to the Council Rocks and hung out in the sun, which had come out by the time we got up there...

Attachments

• At the Council Rocks.jpg
    At the Council Rocks.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 410
  • Bay in the distance.jpg
    Bay in the distance.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 410
Back