Today's Ride

Re: Re:

II
al-onestare":2q0of0xo said:
FairfaxPat":2q0of0xo said:
someone got a flat and left their old tube at the top instead of packing it out with them.

<shaggy> It wasn't me :LOL:

orVX7Y.jpg

Is that Kona really wearing a wet carrier bag. :shock: akin to those countless POS you see leaning against the windows of a Spar shop

Re:

Retro Spud-that's just a plastic bag to keep his saddle dry. The pic was taken last Winter when Al was visiting Marin and riding with me-it was pretty wet out that day...Today-Sunday-Man, it's been hot and today it's supposed to hit 102 F. (40 C.) later on, so off before noon when it was only 82 F.-When I got back an hour and a half or so later it was already 90 F. and climbing fast. Up Iron Springs road to the Scout Camp today, as 2/3 of the climb is in the shade-still sweated it out on the way up...

Attachments

• Alchemist Trail.jpg
    Alchemist Trail.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 569
  • Down we go.jpg
    Down we go.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 569
  • Hot and sweaty at the top.jpg
    Hot and sweaty at the top.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 569
Re:

Retro Spud":uaakkdpk said:
II
al-onestare":uaakkdpk said:
FairfaxPat":uaakkdpk said:
someone got a flat and left their old tube at the top instead of packing it out with them.

<shaggy> It wasn't me :LOL:

orVX7Y.jpg

Is that Kona really wearing a wet carrier bag. :shock: akin to those countless POS you see leaning against the windows of a Spar shop

It was my pitiful attempt to save a NOS yellow flite saddle. It failed miserably but actually it's become a blessing in disguise as I use it for riding and have another one for the arty shots :LOL:

Anyway, I managed to get a blast in on Friday when summer turned up. Not demanding by any means but it was ace to be out in the warmth of the sun, getting a sweat on that didn't involve the daily commute on the roads or a run.

zkGa4S.jpg

PPZSQp.jpg

I do like reminding "angry" walkers that I'm allowed to bike on bridleways as well. Some things never change!

Re:

Today-Thursday-We are starting a new, week long heat wave here today- 100 F. (39 C.) when I got back, and tomorrow and Saturday it could set new records, maybe as high as 109 F. (46 C.). To top that off, there are a number of wildfires in NORCAL right now and that is chopping visibility way down due to the smoke and haze-A couple of pics from today's ride show it-you can hardly see Mt. Tam in one shot. So a short but brutal uphill today, then back in the shade... :cool:

Attachments

• Fairfax from the west.jpg
    Fairfax from the west.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 521
  • Ridgetop to the North.jpg
    Ridgetop to the North.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 521
  • Tam through the Haze.jpg
    Tam through the Haze.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 521
Re:

Talk about extremes Pat, the wettest winter you'd had for years then this. And who said global warming was fake news ;-) (not you I know!)

Re:

It's supposed to be 107-109 F. this afternoon in Fairfax- it's 101 F. now at 12:34 PM-so I'm now waiting for a friend to come pick me up and we are driving out to the beach for the afternoon hours-I'll put up a couple of pics of my non-ride later... :)

Re:

Today-Saturday-Much nicer at Stinson Beach, with a little breeze off the water, about 99 F. there. We drove over the mountain the twisty way past Alpine Lake. Once there, swimming in the ocean was really refreshing :cool: . There is a lagoon behind the beach with small islands of sand in it. On the way to the beach there was a large lineup os seals basking on one of them-must have been 100+ of them lined up...

Attachments

• Alpine Lake.jpg
    Alpine Lake.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 488
  • People watching.jpg
    People watching.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 488
  • Sea Drift end of Stinson Beach.jpg
    Sea Drift end of Stinson Beach.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 488
  • Stinson Beach.jpg
    Stinson Beach.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 488
  • Surfing.jpg
    Surfing.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 488
  • Seal's in the sun.jpg
    Seal's in the sun.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 488
  • The lineup.jpg
    The lineup.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 488
Re:

Summers disappeared again and probably won't be seen for another 12 months :(

I managed to get out before it started raining yesterday afternoon around the usual local haunts to give the 'factory' Explosif a spin. She was super agile as ever :D

B9rZS1.jpg

Re:

Today-Tuesday-After the heat wave-it got up to 110 F. last Saturday-it's a pleasant 82 F. and sunny, with a little breeze. A nice climb up to the West of town about 800' up to stretch the legs after 4 days off the bike...Al, that Kona looks brand new-a nice one to have in your stable...

Attachments

• Mt. Tam.jpg
    Mt. Tam.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 409
Re:

Today-Wednesday-It's cooled down nicely here, about 75 F. on the ride today. Up to the West of town-always up around here...

Attachments

• Goldman Trail.jpg
    Goldman Trail.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 391
  • Hills of Marin.jpg
    Hills of Marin.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 391
Back