Today's Ride

Re:

Today-Sunday- It's been 100 F. or so the last 3 days here, so I've been laying low, but today it's only 84 F. so I went out on a climb to the west of town, about 800' up...

Attachments

• On the ride.jpg
    On the ride.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 609
Re:

Today-Monday- Hot again, about 86 F. and sunny. A climb up to the South of town, the heat really kills on the climb, so I didn't go up that high today, just about 600' climb...

Attachments

• Concret Pipe Fire Road.jpg
    Concret Pipe Fire Road.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 597
Re:

Today-Tuesday-Much cooler, about 75 F. and pleasant. What difference 10 degrees makes! The ride up to the West to Tamarancho was so much easier than yesterday's shorter climb in the heat. When I got to the top, a whole herd of kids and their guide for a summer MTB camp showed up to do the loop. Sure wish they had that when I was a kid...

Attachments

• On the climb.jpg
    On the climb.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 579
  • Kids MTB camp.jpg
    Kids MTB camp.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 579
Re:

Today-Friday-Hot today, 86 F. and sunny. Supposed to go up another 10-15 degrees over the weekend-a good time for the beach! A sweaty ride up to Tamarancho today...

Attachments

• Tam today.jpg
    Tam today.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 551
  • Hot and sweaty at the top.jpg
    Hot and sweaty at the top.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 551
Re:

Today-Saturday-So hot today- 96 F. ( 33 C. )- we went up to the South into the shady deep Redwoods towards the Lakes. Definitely was too hot to be out there, but I'm home now with a cold drink and a bowl of ice cream, so it's all good... :cool:

Attachments

• Resting.jpg
    Resting.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 529
Re:

Up to the top with Brian today. Threatening weather but held off for the most.

Brighter later. The way back.

went hooning around huntington et al today with a great bunch of guys. great bikes, discussions, beer, food, bikes and bacon

:D

Attachments

• 20170716_110342_001.jpg
    20170716_110342_001.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 510
Re: Re:

The History Man":the7b0j4 said:
Up to the top with Brian today. Threatening weather but held off for the most.

Brighter later. The way back.

Very inspiring pictures..some lovely countryside ..

Rode today in Sherwood Forest with Joe Breeze and all our new Uk friends. For some reason our hosts were more excited bout riding with us than we were about riding in Sherwood Forest!

Had a great ride in Swanage a few days ago, five miles uphill nto the wind to what our host Charlie Hobbs described as the best pub in the world. Hoist a few, then downhill and tailwind back into town. Afterward we killed few bottles of single malt and played guitars around a roaring fire. An hour after I had told some of the locals about Jacquie Phelan's exploits, she called me on my moblie, so I handed off the the phone and she heard from Charlotte, her newest fan.

Re:

Today-Tuesday-Cooled down again, finally. A pleasant 80 F. and sunny for the climb up to Tamarancho. Got up to the top and was entertained by a couple singing and playing guitar, then the swoop back down 800' to town...

Attachments

• Music at the top.jpg
    Music at the top.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 453
  • Hazy by the Bay.jpg
    Hazy by the Bay.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 453

Latest posts

Back