Today's Ride

Re:

highlandsflyer":2p0auw3b said:
We picked up a fat bike and took it down to the beach by Inverness. Not much of a beach, from a fella accustomed to the Dunnet Sands, but nevertheless a good place to try out a fat tyre. Will get it down to the Findhorn river bed over the weekend and try it out properly!

Great fun!

2zezgj8.jpg

Re:

Today-Thursday-Still on hold here, waiting for my body to absorb excess fluid swelling my leg-it is getting better and I hope to get back out very son-can't wait! Gary fisher came over today and we fiddled with the Bluebird Downhill MTB. It has lots of handmade pieces on it, and even an oversize thru axle from 20 years ago...Highlandsflyer-Fat bikes and sand and snow go together... :)

Attachments

• Ready to travel.jpg
    Ready to travel.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 488
  • Oversized Hollow axle.jpg
    Oversized Hollow axle.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 488
Re:

Today-Saturday-Alright, back in the saddle again. We climbed up to the West of town today, a coolish 62 F. and sunny out. Feels really great to be back on two wheels again after 12 days off... :)

Attachments

• Rest stop.jpg
    Rest stop.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 464
  • Nice day.jpg
    Nice day.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 464
Re: Re:

FairfaxPat":3q9a3r8w said:
Today-Saturday-Alright, back in the saddle again. We climbed up to the West of town today, a coolish 62 F. and sunny out. Feels really great to be back on two wheels again after 12 days off... :)

Excellent news Pat!

Re:

Thanks for the well wishes, guys! Today-Sunday-A solo ride up the old Railroad Grade onto White's Hill. Warmer, about 66 F. and sunny...

Attachments

• Having fun now.jpg
    Having fun now.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 435
  • New bridge.jpg
    New bridge.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 435
  • Bridge on White's Hill.jpg
    Bridge on White's Hill.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 435
  • Old Railroad grade.jpg
    Old Railroad grade.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 435
Re:

Today-Thursday-It's getting warmer-80 F.-I rode one of my typical climbs, up Iron Springs road to the Scout Camp. Someone has added a ton of gravel to fill in potholes, which is good. However, it makes the climb much harder with the squishy surface- oh well, it will pack down and get easier, and it makes me work harder in the meantime... :)

Attachments

• Descending.jpg
    Descending.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 376
  • Hot out.jpg
    Hot out.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 376
Back