To go tubeless or not to go tubeless,and best tubeless gloop

Well done you.
You picked one of the few combinations that inflates as a bodge. Hopefully it's one of the combinations that stays up.

Mavic rims *tend* not to thanks to the shape of the rim. (I needed 2 or 3 extra layers to even get a stans rim step to work.)

Re:

Used the 420SL's for 2 years no issues and the cheapo superstar vapours for 6 months (the vapours were a bit more grief to set up though and only stopped using them as I split the bike they were on ), 420's were easy , oh and I'm currently using Mavic rims btw and have done for 3 years but it's easy when they are 819's :D

Manged to fit a very very short MTB ride in yesterday, a ride with my boys to their Nans, then off road and messing about coming back. Seemed to run fine, and since they have not gone down.

I did spend a day with the wheel on its side, moving it about, turning it over etc. They are light weight clinchers, and perhaps not ideal for Tubeless, I expect the thin sidewalls may well be letting out air slowly - but hoping them being on their side for longer will help this.

I've got a pair of race king super sonics to go up tubeless.

You can pretty much see daylight through the side walls!

mattr":z7jloxhh said:
Mavic rims *tend* not to thanks to the shape of the rim. (I needed 2 or 3 extra layers to even get a stans rim step to work.)

I've used Mavic 717's and F219's with any number of Michelin, Maxxis, Schwalbe and, most lately on the 219's, On-One Chunky Monkey and Smorgasbord tyres.

A couple of wraps of Gorilla tape and a Schwalbe valve and they're good to go. I've never used "tubeless" rims.

Re:

I'm going to try an extra layer or two or tape on the rim, if that doesn't work then I'm going to f*ck this tubeless lark off until I need to buy new tyres :x

If you don't have a compressor then make up a Coke bottle pneumatic accumulator. Works a treat and costs pennies.

i use gorilla tape and Just riding along latex , works fine for a lot of combination including non tubeless tyre and rim .

Back