To go tubeless or not to go tubeless,and best tubeless gloop

Re: Re:

jimo746":2t5m60bs said:
mattrixdesign2":2t5m60bs said:
Jimo. Are these tubeless rims? Have you applied the tape. Were you able to get air in the tyres with out the sealant in?

Mavic XM719 Disc, previous owner had run them tubeless as there was tubeless goo residue still stuck to them.

Tyres are Geax Goma, which I notice aren't "TNT" (Tube, NO Tube) which is Geax's tubeless ready jargon.
The tyres feel pretty loose on the rims, I'm wondering if they are just not suitable for Tubeless?
you don't have a conversion strip. They won't work.

Tape and valves only works on tubeless rims.

Still not ridden the MTB post fitting. Noticed the tyre has slowly deflated, not enough to see by eye, but noticeable when pressure applied. I have reinflated to 40psi so now I know it is hard to touch, is this normal, or does it point to a leaky setup. Should I wait and see?

My front kept slowly deflating until I went for a ride on it. Must have finally seated the bead where it had been folded.

Re:

40psi is quite a high pressure for tubeless...to get it into perspective I am 17 stone and running about 25psi on the front and around 35psi on the rear...remember tubeless = lower pressures... :D

Re:

Shouldn't be loosing pressure....you have enough sealant in there? I have had tyres "leak" a bit of sealant through the sidewalls but then seal...

Tubeless quite often leak slowly. Especially tubeless ready (or non tubeless) tyres. Think of it like using latex tubes, you get a better ride, but they need (slightly) more looking after. It'll get less over time.

Tho TBH I don't know why anyone would care, my tyres get checked prior to every ride. For the 60 seconds it takes, why wouldn't you?

Re: Re:

mattr":giyl0eo0 said:
jimo746":giyl0eo0 said:
mattrixdesign2":giyl0eo0 said:
Jimo. Are these tubeless rims? Have you applied the tape. Were you able to get air in the tyres with out the sealant in?

Mavic XM719 Disc, previous owner had run them tubeless as there was tubeless goo residue still stuck to them.

Tyres are Geax Goma, which I notice aren't "TNT" (Tube, NO Tube) which is Geax's tubeless ready jargon.
The tyres feel pretty loose on the rims, I'm wondering if they are just not suitable for Tubeless?
you don't have a conversion strip. They won't work.

Tape and valves only works on tubeless rims.

Sorry to be so abrupt but that's rubbish , I've used both DT swiss420SL and cheapo Superstar rims tubeless with no problems , both were converted with gorrilla tape (posh gaffer tape) and valves cut out of old tubes , admittedly I use Spesh tlr tyres so they had a good bead but in both of the above rims I had no issues whatsever .
The tape does most of the sealing and the goo then fills any minor leaks , you do need to ride them after conversion though preferably when it's fairly warm to get everything to seal properly .

Back