Tiny Offroad Sport 1989

Decal retouching is looking tidy so far and parts are accumulating nicely . . .
Some old . . .
AF9F1C6D-1200-4BBF-B5D0-2EFBC1419E93.jpeg
Some new . . .
6E9A79B2-F473-4745-96D6-054569210F5E.jpeg
Messed up with the brake adjusters though as the vintage XCM levers take 6mm not those lovely blue 7mm adjusters 😭 Never mind, I have a couple of BMX bikes that would like a splash of color 😎

All done . . . for now - think I’ve taken this as far as my US budget will allow as we’ll be back in the UK soon and I need to keep some reserve pennies for a British build 💸

It ain’t no climber with that super-short stem but it copes with the steep rooty downhills here just fine and interchanges nicely with my BMX on my twisty backyard trails ☺️ A definite improvement on the Walmart frame it replaced 🤣

F9C6DE4D-F504-4A37-8C33-1CE9DD3B2C44.jpeg

8FBE04C9-C7D2-4D48-9126-715561D3742A.jpeg

Looks great Lynne. You clearly have a certain style of riding, which is reflected in all of your builds, which is great! Where abouts in the US are you?

Cheers both 👍

@raidan73 We’re in the North Georgia mountains - fell in love with the area back in 2015 so it was a no brainier to build our retirement cabin here. We’re only able to spend half the year in the States though, in 2 month lots, because of the high cost of US medical insurance 😬 Gawd bless the NHS (even if they won’t fix my acl ‘cos I’m too freakin’ old 👵🏻😂).

That looks like one very chuckable machine :cool:. Never too old to have fun and that looks like a great bike to have fun on! 😍 Just remember none of us bounce quite so well as we used to...

Cheers both 👍

@raidan73 We’re in the North Georgia mountains - fell in love with the area back in 2015 so it was a no brainier to build our retirement cabin here. We’re only able to spend half the year in the States though, in 2 month lots, because of the high cost of US medical insurance 😬 Gawd bless the NHS (even if they won’t fix my acl ‘cos I’m too freakin’ old 👵🏻😂).

Pics of your cabin please :)

Back