mamadirt

Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Well, this is a cute little thing ☺️

075F63EB-B602-4CCB-9F41-AE25D9366B43.jpeg
C1891196-5FCC-44EF-90F4-B4C34A0D616E.jpeg

After the Walmart bike dumped me last Christmas tearing my ACL, I figured I needed something smaller Stateside to keep riding 😬 as I’m splitting my retirement time between UK and US.
14.5” frame and 19.5” top tube feels spot on (don’t think in all my years MTBing I’ve ever owned anything this short (and I’ve had a couple of Alpinestars T24s).

220BC183-1BD2-4253-92AE-F70F3FCD13A0.jpeg

Swapped most of the plastic rubbish from the Wally bike over to get it up and running as I’m impatient - single speed atm with just a caliper front brake but I love it!

I do have some vintage DiaCompe and Suntour parts on the way ✨ and plan on retouching the paint (which is in remarkable condition for a 34 year old bike) but will be keeping the Wally wheels and cranks . . .for now 💸

AF613807-AEC2-4981-A66B-E675A73A23E3.jpeg

Prob should trim those klunker bars too after my tree altercation last year but I figure with such a short top tube I’ll need the leverage 😉

Lovely little thing. I have a tiny Offroad Mt.10+2 in the collection - a 26 inch wheeled kids bike that replicates my first ever MTB. Must be knocking 35 years old now and all parts bar the saddle are original.

The roller is neat - my frame just uses a yoke to split the rear brake cable in the same (ish) place. That said, I think my frame is made of lead piping its that heavy.

I do like that Lynne :cool: I used to have the exact same frame ,with the underslung u-brake mounts, but mine just had a cable stop where your roller is

Cheers all - excited to get it properly up and running.

@27motorhead That would be pretty cool but they’re just cut offs from old jeans - just something I’ve always done.

@raidan73 I remember when yours was up for sale and I’ve regretted not going ahead with the purchase ever since 😔 Had to jump on this one when I spotted it up for sale this side of the pond 🇺🇸

Got any pics @markoc? I spotted that model in one of the old catalogues 😎
I haven’t weighed the frame and forks but it feels pretty light to me, but then anything would be after the Wally bike 🤣

I’ll grab a pic. If you’ve found it in a catalogue I’d love to see as I’ve never been able to find it. I’ve seen the Mt.10 but never the Mt.10+2

Aww that is lovely - so cool that it’s mostly original too 😎

I’ll take a look through my browsing history for the catalogue as I know it was only a couple of days ago 👍

Back