Tiny Offroad Sport 1989

Amazing Lynne. What kind of wildlife do you live amongst?

We’ve been visited by deer, opossums, wild turkey and raccoons and our bird feeders are regularly cleaned out by the squirrels. We do have a local black bear family who have been photographed by the neighbors but we haven’t been lucky enough to spot them yet.

:) lucky enough? I would have thought you would not want to see them. And how near, or far, are your neighbors?

Ha! Yup, may be a different story if I’m out in the trails on my bike 😨 I’m told that they’re more scared of us than the other way around and we’re advised to secure all trash so as not to encourage them.

There are rental cabins at the end of our road but they’re not always occupied - our nearest full time neighbors (US folks who we’ve become very good friends with) are in the next road, about 5-10 mins walk. Ours is not in the rental market (having rented many cabins while planning our build, we’ve seen the wear and tear of a single season’s rental - not all folks are respectful 😬).

Build looks great. Good mix of vintage MTB with BMX styling. Curious to know what the bars are, I've just got a Sunn Bmix after always wanting one and I've always had a softspot for a bar with a removable brace.
Your stateside place looks amazing. Could imagine rural Georgia is still a good place to find cool bikes at garage sales.

Ha! Funnily enough, the Walmart frame that this replaced, went to the local 'redneck' yard sale, but hopefully someone will make use of it 🤞 I'm always on the lookout for treasures as we drive around. We love our Georgia home but are now spending our rule-enforced 2 months the UK side of the pond and gagging to return.

The bars are motocross bars bought cheaply from eBay US - perfect fit for the BMX stem

Back