Timewarp 1990 Kona Explosif 19" - SOLD

mousemat

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Due to recent purchase of a lot of Kona ti kit I've decided to put my mint 1990 Kona Explosif up for sale. I originally purchased this from Caramba Kid earlier in the year and since it's been under my ownership I've added a set of XC Comp pedals to complete the original groupset and swapped out the X-Press shifters for XC Comp thumbies (much better! ;) ).

The bike is in timewarp condition and is 99% as it left the factory with the exception of the grips. Original XC Comp groupset, Track 2 fork, Avocet saddle, Velocity stem and even the original skin wall Maximum and Reaction tyres. Factory spec was the Suntour X-Press shifters, I swapped these out for XC Pro thumbies as mentioned earlier but the original shifters will be included in the sale. Frame is Tange Prestige Concept and features a very cool black with blue and pink splatter paint job!

Picture below is taken from the for sale thread when I bought the bike so it shows LX pedals and the X-Press shifters. It has been ridden twice in the dry since buying so has not changed in condition.

Price: £300 SOLD

I would prefer collection as it would be a shame to risk it being damaged by posting but can pack up and arrange delivery at buyers cost.

Attachments

• 1990_kona_explosif_01_600.jpg
    1990_kona_explosif_01_600.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 1,723
_39784915_tosh_suitsyousir203b.jpg

Break it break it break it... :twisted:

This needs to go in the RB museum I'm campaigning for, top find! ;)

very nice!
I has the same but not in as good condition by any means but sold it for £400 so that's a bargain....

retrokona":3sn29pbr said:
very nice!
I has the same but not in as good condition by any means but sold it for £400 so that's a bargain....

Selling for what I paid. You did well out of yours, never seen one go that high before!

I know I though that at the time.
It was a bit random as the chap emailed me out of the blue and asked if I had any earley 90's konas. I sent him a couple of pic's of both and he offered £400 + postage for the Explosif.
I don't even think he's a member here as I haven't seen the bike posted on the forum....

Back