• Tee

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Tie

Votes: 54 75.0%
  • Tee Eye (T.I.)

Votes: 14 19.4%

• Total voters
Hotwheels.":3pfysppn said:
I say literally Ti, as in tit without the last 't'. Just throwing that in there... :roll:
See, and that's why the general consensus regarding pronunciation declaring it just like you'd say the first part of the word, or same as the symbol in the periodic table of elements, just doesn't work for me. Cos it'd be ti as in tit if I were going for the first syllable of titanium.

Feeling stupid poll and thread. :LOL:

retrobikeguy":3pfysppn said:
I can't believe I missed this thread........

Had a night of this discussion all ready :LOL: Are you convinced fella ?
No, far from it. Just more confused!

I'll try contacting Tim Davies, as suggested in a previous comment (the 'flyingwelshman' on here), whose version of pronouncing Ti-Mega I will accept as correct, absolute and final, given he's a fellow Welshman and an idol of mine.

I'll let you know what he says!

Re:

what wrong with saying it as you would pronounce in (which is the title of the thread) Words sound different from different people anyway, that why they are called accents.

In the computer world this is Linux, which derives from Linus, though the american pronunciation of a finnish chap saying it has become the majority and used by the newbies that came to it, the oldies in this country and similar still call it by the english pronunciation.

Let alone the majority say scones wrongly, when everyone knows it should be pronouced scones (stones, lones) ;-)

Been a bit slack following up on this, but it's now conclusive. The flying Welshman has had his say, and it is indeed Ti as in TIE.

I am now undergoing speech therapy to correct my previously incorrect pronunciation of my favourite bike ever, before I commence its forthcoming (and overdue) build!

Re: Re:

xerxes":3se0nhwj said:
76% of people are wrong.

How did you get to that figure :shock:

If you could come up a tad to 78% I'd be with you on that one unless my maths is wrong also :LOL: .....or the poll is still live

To me they will always be T.I Mega's but what the hell they're as cool as

Re: Re:

BerthaPog":262e0ffu said:
xerxes":262e0ffu said:
76% of people are wrong.

Yes, but they can be wrong together.

It's obviously "sch" sound as in naTIon, simarly ghoti sounds like fish.

Ah, a lovely reference to the oddities of pronunciation popularised by GBS.

One for the niceness thread.

Thank you.

Funny I've been considering asking the exact same question...
I always thought it was as in "tie", everyone I knew pronounced it "tie"...but then again in the biek world I was the Ti nut so I probably influenced people... right up till a while back came across someone saying Tee I. My head was going, yeah like i get what you're saying but ugh thats so wrong to me.

legrandefromage":3ra16qvb said:
Tie

Theres another personal favourite from GT with their Karakorum

I've heard a few say it 'carack-arum' emphasizing the 'kracka' sound

A quick survey of the ever reliable and totally accurate internet finds it is indeed how I've been saying it, which is the 'long' version 'kaarakorum'.

Way back when I had no idea how it was pronounced I was sort of saying Ko-rak-o-ram, not being serious about it, I just didn't know...army of darkness, book of the dead style

Now for the real hard one..."Alloy"

Back