ThrusyJust's King Kahuna

Have you put a new set of stickers on it by any chance?

As the downtube sticker is definitely not original.

Would also be nice to see a Z1 on the front, but that's just my personal prefference.

andrewl":30ypinqo said:
Would also be nice to see a Z1 on the front, but that's just my personal prefference.

Agreed. I still standby the fact that the Z1 is one of the best, if not the best bouncy fork of the retro era. And for once there's a frame that'd match the orange nicely!

I originally put Judy Sl's with Englund air cartridges on the bike when I built it,as couldn't afford the Blue Sids then.Then changed it to those Lime Green Z2's,which I put a 'woodies' travel kit in it (added about 10mm) I then noticed that the forks didn't balance too well and made the front feel quite heavy.I then put some black Sid XC's on it and they were a very nice fork.They are now on the wifes bike.The bike has done some serious mileage over the years inc holidays in France and Spain.
The stickers are from Gil.I have just removed the (what was left) originals,although the transfer type decals have tarnished the Ti and can see the ghost of them still,even after polishing and scotchbrite pads.The only other Hei Hei that I knew of,many moons ago was a guy who then worked at Mountain High in Pangbourne,although I doubt he's still there.I even offered them my bike to use on a demo day,as the importers didn't even have a demo Kahunna when they were in production

Back