Thomson seat post date determination.

Spankyfart

Marin Fan
For my Ridgerunner build I'm sorta leaning towards a Thomson seatpost.
It's strong, will hold my lanky fat ass (190 - 100kg) and it's an aluminum elevated chainstay so all the makings of cracking anywhere near my crack.

If I wanted a post '95 Thomson.
Which of the following is true.

1995 Thomson.

1995 Haro Group 1 Elite - BMXmuseum.com.png

Post 1995 Thomson.

new thomson.JPG

A quick search suggests all Thomson posts are post 95. 96 is suggested as first year.

Not sure I'm following, I found that the seatpost was first introduced in 1995/6 marketed.
I want to know what the differences are in itterations of the stem, like you have the pre 1991 Syncros the post 91 syncros the 94(95?) and the late 90's post.
They don't look the same, have bits adjust etc. I just can't find anything on the Thomson posts.
And I'd like to think I know how to search the interwebz.

Not sure I'm following, I found that the seatpost was first introduced in 1995/6 marketed.
I want to know what the differences are in itterations of the stem, like you have the pre 1991 Syncros the post 91 syncros the 94(95?) and the late 90's post.
They don't look the same, have bits adjust etc. I just can't find anything on the Thomson posts.
And I'd like to think I know how to search the interwebz.
Well, I did answer your question. Both are post 95. Great you can use the net, not so great at asking questions or stating your weigh though. You've also then said you want to know about iterations in stem, a completely different component.

Just trying to help based on the info provided.

If the question wasn't understood it could be because I am not a native English speaker.
I thought it was fairly straight forward. One is the 95 edition (maybe it isn't, I still don't know) and the other one is newer.
The fact I didn't understand is because I already stated they are '95 and up. Yet they are not the same.

But thank you for your input.

I might be crazy saying this, but....as the company still exists you could send one email to them and get the answer. Also; using the word "post", in your post, when referring to the year, when talking about "posts" is very confusing.

Noted I see now that is indeed sorta confusing.
I'll send them a mail.

I think they will help you out. They have always come across as helpful to customers and transparent about their products with online tech drawings, FAQ, and all the patent numbers. Just try and not use the word post, in your post, about the post ;)

Back