THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH OF COOK BROS NOSNESS

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yes, i know!! Its rediculous. I have some hesitations about building it.. maybe since everything is NOS/virgin Im scared to Un-virging those parts and then realize it doesnt fit the build. So im still looking for more components to have more options. It might be good to go through all the parts i have actually. I lost track. One thing i know i dont have are brakes. I have tune cantilevers, which i feel dont fit all the others and the MC brand. Im imagining TNT cantilevers or second generation of MachineTech cantilevers, which are very rare. I have some conflicting thoughts about the final build. In the beginning it was meant to be an all-star boutique CNC brands, but now part of me thinks it would be cool to do it to catalogue specs. With AC stuff.. I hate decisions, so i keep myself busy with the other bikes.

Handlebars are probably not totally nos, but quite close to it. Yeah, I saw some pictures of those carbon ones, they had unusual V shape. Those hubs are interesting but it makes sense, since original Cook bros brand were doing bmx hubs also. Hubs would be actually perfect for another build of mine. I have beautiful yellow Yo Eddie and wanna make it all Cook Bros. Or as much Cook as possible. I also have it almost finished. Just couple more parts in stuck on.
That german guy selling cook stem is incredible. He must have amazing collection, prices of his auctions are amazing aswell. He definitely has no real pressure to sell. :)

Re:

Coincidentally, I found these NOS Cook Bros cranks in my stash the other day. They're so nice.

Attachments

• cook_bros_nos_cranks.jpg
    cook_bros_nos_cranks.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 1,322
CAPIN":23nj12b8 said:
Yes, i know!! Its rediculous. I have some hesitations about building it.. maybe since everything is NOS/virgin Im scared to Un-virging those parts and then realize it doesnt fit the build. So im still looking for more components to have more options. It might be good to go through all the parts i have actually. I lost track. One thing i know i dont have are brakes. I have tune cantilevers, which i feel dont fit all the others and the MC brand. Im imagining TNT cantilevers or second generation of MachineTech cantilevers, which are very rare. I have some conflicting thoughts about the final build. In the beginning it was meant to be an all-star boutique CNC brands, but now part of me thinks it would be cool to do it to catalogue specs. With AC stuff.. I hate decisions, so i keep myself busy with the other bikes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-MACHIN ... SwMhVcN7wJ

Not quite NOS but pretty good condition. I love the Machine Tech cantis and levers - very futuristic. I'm surprised at how ahead of the game Cook Bros were and it's a shame the company was sold on and seems to be cruiser-oriented now (with a terrible website too!)

I think with the Moho it's ok to mount the NOS parts to see how they look but clearly not ride it. It's hard when you turn a chain though because it's not really NOS anymore. I think the frame asks for CNC beauty and my take on the era is all the bits you couldn't afford. I think this is really because after market upgrades were more the pinnacle of the day whereas now the technology of bike manufacturers standard parts suffice for most. I could be wrong but back in the 90's innovation was pretty fresh everywhere and I for one always drooled over Paul, Cook Bros, Kooka, Grafton and Syncros...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back