The worst answer to a question on an auction website

I'm siding with the seller there. He was not telling a lie.

Stupid people asking the questions should make their question clearer.

I never refer to a Alu frame as alloy, always as Alu or Aluminium.... mind I never refer to a steel from as alloy either wrt bikes.

Not all people are up to the terms of us bikers.

FluffyChicken":3vif6a0w said:
I'm siding with the seller there. He was not telling a lie.
I sense the seller is of the mindset that aluminium is better than steel and as far as he is concerned he is saying it is an aluminium bike. As you say, most of his readers don't know any more than he does and will receive the same impression that it is an aluminium bike. It isn't a lie, just a mistake.

if the question was is it steel or alloy and he said that it was alloy...........surely the correct answer should have been its both?!?!?!

;) :roll:

sounds like these people are doing a great service

they want and expect an aluminiumunium frame but get a much better steel frame instead

A better question would be, does a magnet stick to the frame, if it does, it's obvious, it is a steel alloy and not an alluminium alloy.

Another one might be for a smart ass seller, is does it fizz when you tip caustic soda solution over it ?

when you take an angle grinder to it does it spark ?

if it doesnt i dont want it . if it does i still dont want it :LOL:

yeah and watch the sparks, are they short sparks or thin fizzy ones, the later would indicate the now fubared frame has carbon in it.

How about, "Could MacGuiver make a welding torch out of it using nothing but a Swiss Army Knife and some tubing?"

Back