The state of "our" postal system outside of the EU.

I'm so glad it's arrived, to be fair they are old nuts, describing them as 1988 u brake bosses would have only confused them and I didn't charge anything I didn't even charge postage so there is no tax any sort to pay on these, I can't believe they've been so twatish to hold on to them for so long.

Anyhoo .... They are installed and the build can now continue 🍾

RBG

Canada Post is now complete crap, they refuse to even accept some of my parcels over weird new technicalities. And don't get me going about German customs, those people are worse than Hitler.

When I receive things from the UK they arrive within 3 to 7 days consistently, but then sit in customs in the dreaded city of Copenhagen for up to 2 weeks from time to time.

It gets grim when I've received stuff as a gift as they require a lengthy process to prove it is a present. If it has a value declared and is therefor importing commercial goods then it all goes very quick, even from the US.

Sending to the UK is always smooth, never a problem. I do see why people are deterred to do EU/Non EU deals though as there's a lack of consistency and it's a minefield to figure out what goes and what doesn't.

Personally I try not to be deterred from buying in the UK, and the many times I've been able to handle the shipping myself on the behalf of UK sellers I've had zero issues. But as soon as they're let to their own devices it goes to shit.

Must be my magic touch

To support this, I have just received a frame 3 days after it was collected in Germany. Either I got lucky, or the EU>UK direction has got back to running fairly smoothly:

To support this, I have just received a frame 3 days after it was collected in Germany. Either I got lucky, or the EU>UK direction has got back to running fairly smoothly:

Yeah, it is weird. Every person I've shipped to in the UK has received with zero issues. I'm forwarding a parcel to a member on here in the UK this weekend, will see if it goes smooth as always.

So basically, shipping between the UK and mainland Europe is no worse or better than shipping between any other two countries in the world?

Could do with something like Godwins law to describe when someone shoehorns Brexit in as the reason for something being rubbish, despite it being similarly rubbish all over the world.

Could do with something like Godwins law to describe when someone shoehorns Brexit in as the reason for something being rubbish, despite it being similarly rubbish all over the world.

It is rubbish all over the world.
Tracking within the EU I get results back, anywhere outside it's in limbo most of the time.

Since corona postal services in the Netherlands were allowed just to dump parcels at the door, it had a reason there with what we knew then.
Now they just dunk stuff at the door, if you are lucky they ring the bell not to be seen when you open it.
Since they get paid by the package and earn peanuts because they are independent contractors it all comes together.

Point is; It's all shit since the rona.
Out of every 20 packages I receive I see maybe one person handing it over to me.

Back